Media Molecule's co-founder Mark Healey has left the company

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nothing of value lost. Media molecule sucks

KungFucius

10 Jan 2023
I was going to object because I ignorantly thought they did Sackboy which I enjoyed playing with my son, but you are right, their 'games' are not really for me. I don't know why their website says "We make games."

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I liked Dreams but they were just too slow to do more ambitious things with it.

Tearaway was a great Vita game too.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The media molecule slander will not be tolerated. You guys are acting like because they made ONE game that focused one creation (Dreams) that all of their past games (LBP) weren't great. Anyways, I knew there was mismanagement at the studio once Alex left and they hadn't updated multiplayer into Dreams.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The media molecule slander will not be tolerated. You guys are acting like because they made ONE game that focused one creation (Dreams) that all of their past games (LBP) weren't great. Anyways, I knew there was mismanagement at the studio once Alex left and they hadn't updated multiplayer into Dreams.
LBP was great, but that was all they achieved

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hopefully their new direction focuses.more on games
Media Molecule always focused on making games, it's the only thing they did

LBP was great, but that was all they achieved
Bullshit. Dreams got a 89 metacritic, Tearaway got a 87, and they also won a ton of awards and has been profitable like all MM projects.

Is there more coming? Seems like the axe is coming for the whole studio.
With the recent changes, Sony is likely planning to give them a last chance.
Clearly, their next project is their last chance to survive.
What a joke. They are a studio who make greatly reviewed games, win a ton of awards with each ones, has a cheap cost and all their games have been profitable. Doesn't make sense at all that Sony would consider to shut them down.

Sony killed Evolution and Japan Studio but still giving Mm more chances.
Unlike Media Molecule, both Evolution and Japan Studio made made many unprofitable games, made some poorly reviewed games, weren't an award magnet and were big/expensive.

Japan studio wasn't killed, it was restructured and brached off their 2nd party publishing team into a separate office. And Jimbo bought Firesprite, which is basically Evolution+Liverpool Studio+Bizarre Creations.

Looking at their finantials, reviews and awards seems what it sucks are your tastes. Or at least there's a ton of people who don't share them.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Sony killed Evolution and Japan Studio but still giving Mm more chances.
Evolution studios did a big mess up with unplayable multiplayer that lasted more than 1 month on driveclub

Japan studio only true output during all that time was just 2 games - the rest was helping in.

So yeah media Molecule does deserve to be still working they never had issues, they even created an engine with much smaller team than Japan studio or evolution.

Reactions: nongkris

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Evolution studios did a big mess up with unplayable multiplayer that lasted more than 1 month on driveclub

Japan studio only true output during all that time was just 2 games - the rest was helping in.

So yeah media Molecule does deserve to be still working they never had issues, they even created an engine with much smaller team than Japan studio or evolution.
Mm spent a decade on that Dreams thing. They couldn't deliver anything interesting after LBP. I don't see them surviving.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Is there more coming? Seems like the axe is coming for the whole studio.

Believe they are making something in the spirit/Idea of Dreams but an actual game with monetization for user generated content.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
MM would make a great mobile developer, kind of like thatgamescompany did with Sky. Have them make a sackyboy mobile platformer,

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Damn, I hate to see the Dude lose a job...

The Big Lebowski GIF by PeacockTV