Metal Gear Rising voice actor claims announcements in ‘the coming weeks’

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I had countless runs on the OG version on PC.
Such a classic

I played it on PS1 first but later got the PC version with all the VR missions where they had lots of Ninja missions too..... which was awesome as I loved the Ninja.

I definitely did more runs on PC than on PS1. Was around the time I was primarily a PC gamer... 99 - 2004.

• fire
Reactions: Lord Mittens

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Damn, I hope you get to experience it and that it is similar in feeling to the OG..... I played it too many times to count. It really was something that brought games to a new level for me.

Yeah, to be honest I'm quite enjoying this period of remakes and remasters we are going through. Being pretty young myself and only having a pc since I was a kid I'm getting the chance to play a lot of "classics" that I missed and people always talk about like Silent Hill, Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII, etc.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Twin Snakes was never a bad alternative.

Personally, I cannot revisit the original game or most PSone games that aren’t JRPGs with pre rendered back drops. I feel like that gen has aged worse than the NES. It’s part of the reason Snake Eater is the best; less primitive and painful on the eyes.

The drawback to Twin Snakes is bringing in Ryuhei Kitamura of Godzilla Final Wars fame to the mix. He’s a terrible director who was in fashion for wire-fu and outrageous anime moments that do not belong in film, like riding that damn missile.

I can ignore that schlock tho.

PS - MGS2 trailer is also better than the actual game.

Snake Eater is easily my favorite. I also think MGSV is the best third person sandbox action game ever. It was robbed. I sorta still blame kojima for his obsession with wasting budget and resources on Hollywood actors…

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Remake of Metal Gear, MGS and MGS3….
I hope Kojima is involved somehow, Id prefer MGS or MG remake before MGS3

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yeah, to be honest I'm quite enjoying this period of remakes and remasters we are going through. Being pretty young myself and only having a pc since I was a kid I'm getting the chance to play a lot of "classics" that I missed and people always talk about like Silent Hill, Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy VII, etc.

If it wasn't for FFVII Remake, I wouldn't have gotten into FF at all.... I really had a blast with the remake and then went back to XV Royal Edition and watched the movie too...

Reminds me, I must pick up Crisis Core.

Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...tor-claims-announcements-in-the-coming-weeks/

The voice actor who plays Raiden in the Metal Gear Solid games has seemingly teased that there may be new announcements related to the Konamiseries soon.

Quinton Flynn has played Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and last week tweeted a video advertising his Cameo page.

On Monday, a follower replied to the video, stating that the 10th anniversary of Metal Gear Rising would be in February 2023.

This caused another follower to reply earlier today, wondering if a possible Metal Gear Rising 2 could be on the way, perhaps with an announcement as part of a larger Metal Gear showcase stream.

“Stay tuned for things to be announced in the coming weeks,” Flynn replied, with a winking emoji.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There were a lot of rumblings but to have a VA come out and basically confirm we are getting something....

I'm such a MGS fan, I really need something good from the series.

Would also love to introduce my son to the series.

Reactions: Unchained

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We get some rumours about FF1 etc etc being exclusive and it ended up being a multi platform Nioh like game ( Stranger of Paradise )
I got a feeling all these MGS rumours is just end up being Metal gear Rising 2…..

8 Jan 2023
But Quinton Flynn is still working with them? I remember he was fired from several games because of the allegations against him.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Great, really excited to try out this game for the first time! I lowkey wanted to be a little bit more surprised to be honest haha, I'm not sure I enjoy this thing of having announcements for the announcement 😅

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Thats the rumor thread, theres this thread and john Eldenrings thread on specifically the Raiden Voice actor mentioning we should hear something soon.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Threads have been Merged.
Charlie Day Reaction GIF