Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 will run at 720p on all consoles (30fps on Switch and 60fps on PS5/Series)

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Source

These versions run at 720p, and the Switch version is also seemingly capped at 30fps, despite the original HD releases running at 60fps. Considering the Switch is more powerful than the two consoles that previously held this pair of games, it’s disappointing to say the least that the frames have been halved.
We asked about performance on PS5, Xbox Series X, plus the newly announced PS4 release; Konami clarified that the games will be targeting the same resolution (720p) and frame rate of the initial HD releases. Given that Switch isn’t running them at 60fps, we suppose we’ll have to wait and see how things fare on the other platforms.

TLDR
  • 360/PS3: 720p/60fps
  • Switch: 720p/30fps
  • PS4/PS5/Series: 720p/60fps
Fun note:

The menus for both games just flat out have 'HD Edition' plastered on them, with '© 2012 Konami' still there as well.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
EDIT: Just read the bottom of OPs post. Fucking hell, that's lazy.

Real shame. It's 60 fps at least but I was expecting a higher resolution. And please don't compare this to that RDR shitshow. This includes the first 5 canon MG games, including all their special editions content, as well as 2 non-canon SNES games, never before released outside of the SNES. On top of that, each game gets an official guide, soundtrack and 2 digital graphics novels.

That's a shitload of content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
EDIT: Just read the bottom of OPs post. Fucking hell, that's lazy.

Real shame. It's 60 fps at least but I was expecting a higher resolution. And please don't compare this to that RDR shitshow. This includes the first 5 canon MG games, including all their special editions content, as well as 2 non-canon SNES games, never before released outside of the SNES. On top of that, each game gets an official guide, soundtrack and 2 digital graphics novels.

That's a shitload of content.

Is it really that hard to make them 4k though? 720p is going to look like a blurry mess on my 60inch tv

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
They don't even do bad remasters anymore

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Not sure. The Series X version runs at 720p/60fps as well. Played it recently and it looked pretty good.

I'm more concerned that this means Vol. 2 with MGS4 and Peace Walker will also be stuck at 720p.

Hopefully we at least get Portable Ops and thr Ac!d games though.

Reactions: Kokoloko

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
this is PURE EVIL from Rockstar and Konami. They literally had to go out of their way to release these games at 720p and 30fps respectively. It unironically would've been less work to make them 1080p and 60fps 😡 but they chose to screw us over. Trash companies I will NEVER support ever again.