• Genre: JRPG

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Hopefully we can have discussion of the actual game in this thread. I've clocked 20ish hours and I must say.... this game might be the definitive ATLUS experience. The game is so PS1 JRPG coated I can't help but love this shit. Also Meguro has been cooking with this OST.

For anyone else playing, how are you liking it and how much time have you sunk so far?

Reactions: TrishaCat

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I need to buy it.
But the demo was pretty good.

The fact you can choose Archetypes jobs to all party members is really a game changer.

Edit.

Anyway I find the characters in the demo less charismatics than typical Atlus's characters.
In special the first noble guy that enters your party... he is very generic... the main characters I found not very inspiring too.

Outside that my other complain is with the anti-aliasing (or lack of)... they are using their PS3/Vita engine yet... they could had upgraded it to take better advantage of modern hardware.

In the good parts I loved the musics and the theme fits more my liking than the most school-like themes of SMT/Persona.

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I need to buy it.
But the demo was pretty good.

The fact you can choose Archetypes jobs to all party members is really a game changer.
You're gonna love it. the Archetype system is fun to toy with.. Also love how you can over level them into items that give exp to different types. Allows you to keep a consistent synergy until the Archetype is at adequate level.

I also must add that the main cast here so far are top tier. Loving Hulkenburg and Strohl far more than any of the P5 cast..... no spoilers but the way the game introduces the third member was ace!

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

shamelessly had this on repeat otw to the office lol. if anyone knows the town theme in the second area pls lmk im obsessed w it

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Deadass none of you playing this? Bouto start questioning icons taste attp 😂

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I am surprised and thankful to say I got a chance to start it earlier today. I really like the slick UI transitions in battles, especially the turning clock style transfer between enemy and ally turns. The chanting during the standard battle music is really cool too!

I don't have much to say about it plot wise yet, but I noticed the main character actually talks which is a nice change of pace from the Persona and SMT games. Lotsa political struggle told very early on. Rebels taken down by a fantastic general bent on regicide, racism abound, sneaking into the military...Being very fond of Final Fantasy XII for similar political struggle minus the racism I am excited to see where this goes.

I appreciate its fantasy setting, though I must admit other than the fairy I find the fantasy race designs kinda boring. Human but with horns. Human but with pointy ears. Even the MC who just looks like a normal human. Be a little more creative! Give me strange alien looking people or furries or something.

I don't have as much an issue with the graphics as some folks; I'm playing at 1080p with resolution scaling at 200%, so it's basically rendering at 4k and then downsampling to 1080p. Makes it pretty clean. Not perfect, there's still noticeable jaggies, particularly in the city, but it's nbd.

I don't really like how similar the MC's awakening and attack usage is to the Persona awakening scenes in those games, nor did I like that the first "boss" was a 1 v 1 fight which I think is kinda boring.
I love the character designs and boss designs though. Everyone looks rather extravagant.

First hour impressions: It's nice to see Atlus doing a completely new IP and it's definitely a step up from Soul Hackers 2. But I think P3 Reload is a lot better looking visually, and the start is a little boring and too similar to Persona 5. Music, UI design, and character design are peak though and I'm curious to see what this whole job system I'm hearing about is like because FF5's job system rocked and gave a lot of customization options and freedom.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: voke

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
First hour impressions: It's nice to see Atlus doing a completely new IP and it's definitely a step up from Soul Hackers 2. But I think P3 Reload is a lot better looking visually, and the start is a little boring and too similar to Persona 5. Music, UI design, and character design are peak though and I'm curious to see what this whole job system I'm hearing about is like because FF5's job system rocked and gave a lot of customization options and freedom.
FFV was probably the best job implementation of the series. Except, comically, FFX-2 for some reason. I was a bit disappointed they'd moved away from it as the games progressed.

I hadn't even heard Metaphor had a job system! That's very interesting!

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
45 hours in....really surprised at who the new party member is lol. 4th dungeon now... I remember P5 had 7-8? Hoping i'm only halfway done cause I really don't wanna wrap this up lol

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
FFV was probably the best job implementation of the series. Except, comically, FFX-2 for some reason. I was a bit disappointed they'd moved away from it as the games progressed.

I hadn't even heard Metaphor had a job system! That's very interesting!
For me FFT has the best Job System... that very much inspired by FFV.

BTW the actual full name of Archetypes System is Archetypes Job System.
It is a classic Job system.

Example of one job grid.

Archetypes-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
ok we Horizon Zero Dawn now out the blue