Metaphor: ReFantazio prologue demo now available

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
A prologue demo for Metaphor: ReFantazio is now available for PlayStation 5 via PlayStation Store, Xbox Series via Microsoft Store, and PC via Steam, publisher ATLUS and developer Studio Zero announced.

Here is an overview of the demo and game, via its store pages:

About the Demo
In the Prologue Demo, players can experience some of the early-game narrative, explore social elements and discover the city as they get a head start on their adventure ahead of the October 11 launch. Progression from the demo will carry over to the launch version so players can get a head start on their adventures in the United Kingdom of Euchronia.
The Prologue Demo includes:
  • The beginning of the journey to lift the curse of the prince.
  • The first four dungeons.
  • The ability to unlock seven of the 40+ classes called “Archetypes.”
  • Meet six followers, including party members that will support the Protagonist’s journey.
  • And much more!
About the Game
Celebrate ATLUS’ 35th anniversary of creating iconic RPGs like Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, and embark on a journey into a vast fantasy world.
Key Features
  • Join the Royal Tournament for the Throne! – To lift the deadly curse from your childhood friend, the prince, you and your Fairy partner, Gallica, embark on an epic adventure. Your quest will lead you to compete for the crown.
  • Combat System – Experience an exhilarating combat system called the “Fast and Squad,” which combines turned-based combat with a blend of real-time action. When facing strong enemies, you can strategically exploit their weak points in turn-based combat. Meanwhile, lower-ranked enemies can be quickly defeated with dynamic hack and slash actions on the field.
  • AWAKEN Your Archetypes – Party members, including the Protagonist, can awaken to various “archetype” classes, such as the Seeker and Warrior. Organize your party freely and equip from over 40 unique Archetypes to create a powerful and distinctive team.
Metaphor: ReFantazio is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam and Microsoft Store on October 11.

Watch a new set of trailers below.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It carries over… awesome!

I thought I was gonna be able to hold off a bit. Probably not.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Give impressions, Does this game have the same Pedosona vibes? I am generally loath to give atlus any money but want to know if it is ultimately worth 150 hrs time sink that it will be. Soul hackers 2 was such a disappointment

• angry
Reactions: TrishaCat

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
My review after 25 minutes: 6/10. Super "modern audiences" vibe.

Yea unfortunately I agree. Furries and the main character wearing leggings is a bit too bitch looking for me.

The game is tonally stupid dark and bloody tho. And everything else seems top tier… I hope I’ll get over it… My hype has been kinda ruined tho.

Performance is TRASH. Wait for pro

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I dont know maybe working on one platform at one time is not so bad after all, now they shit out a game that doesnt work properly across all platforms lmao. Performance is abysmal, Sega truly is the ubisoft of japan lol, They shit out yearly persona and yakuza games

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I dont know maybe working on one platform at one time is not so bad after all, now they shit out a game that doesnt work properly across all platforms lmao. Performance is abysmal, Sega truly is the ubisoft of japan lol, They shit out yearly persona and yakuza games
I watch some trailers, it looked like Persona clone with different paint.
Just less polished and performance issues.

Suddenly, devs are shit? Isn't it? Like hitting head to a wall...

Reactions: voke

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I watch some trailers, it looked like Persona clone with different paint.
Just less polished and performance issues.

Suddenly, devs are shit? Isn't it? Like hitting head to a wall...
I dont know bro, they are clearly milking those 2 franchises like ubisoft does AC and Far Cry. There is a reason Sega were run out of the console business and their software is also not that great.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
i dont understand the performance talk, played 3 hours already without any issue?

but im glad atlus finally gave in for the political correctness with this one hehe

I thought it was turn based.
Played yesterday a bit but being action my interest dropped.

it is turn based! you just have the option to make the enemy weak by playing a little action first, or by killing low level enemies with 1 hit without needing to waste time with turn based animations! in any case you still can just press triangle to jump right into turn based any time you want

Reactions: TrishaCat

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Wow, what a relief 😂
You laugh but this happens way too often
Armored Core 6 and Elden Ring are also like this where the PS4 version runs better on PS5 than the PS5 version. I imagine the games being lower fidelity on PS4 make them easier to run.