Metroid Prime 4 has big, massive areas to explore, visually unbelievable

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
metroid_prime_remastered.jpg

XboxEra co-founder, Nick Baker, recently spoke about the game on the Xbox podcast after reportedly learning new information from his sources. Baker says that the game is set to feature massive open areas to explore, which he likened to the Xbox game Halo Infinite, though the game itself won’t be an open world adventure. This makes sense as the tech has moved on a lot since the days of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on the Wii. Baker also says the visuals and environments in Metroid Prime 4 reportedly look unbelievable.

“In addition to the game looking “visually unbelieveable”, said source also claims that Metroid Prime 4 will also feature “big, massive” areas. Baker says that though he doesn’t believe the game is going to be open world, it will have significantly larger areas than previous titles in the series. According to Baker, the person seeing the game in action apparently said that the size of the environments reminded them of Halo Infinite’s “big and open” environments- though Halo Infinite really was open world, of course.”- Gaming Bolt

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If it's "likened" to Halo Infinite, the game is a turd lol.

Was this game delayed to be a Switch 2 launch title? I mean I think Zelda TotK is a great looking game because of the visual design and art style, but I wouldn't classify it as "visually unbelievable." So to me this would HAVE to be on a new system to even qualify for that potential descriptor.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
If it's "likened" to Halo Infinite, the game is a turd lol.

Was this game delayed to be a Switch 2 launch title? I mean I think Zelda TotK is a great looking game because of the visual design and art style, but I wouldn't classify it as "visually unbelievable." So to me this would HAVE to be on a new system to even qualify for that potential descriptor.
I wonder what is the launch titles for new system. Can't be Pokemon since that games need big install bases, maybe 60fps on new handheld?

Can't be Mario Kart 8 since they just annouce DLCs for 24, and Metroid probably is too niche. Maybe a new Mario at best and barebone BC or no BC at all.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I wonder what is the launch titles for new system. Can't be Pokemon since that games need big install bases, maybe 60fps on new handheld?

Can't be Mario Kart 8 since they just annouce DLCs for 24, and Metroid probably is too niche. Maybe a new Mario at best and barebone BC or no BC at all.
My guess would be a new Mario and this game in fairly short order. But who knows? This game does seem to not be managed well, but it seems to be going around with every company.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It’s unbelievable how long this shit is taking.
Its been 5 years since the rebooted development was announced. Starting from scratch, that is normal. At this point they are certainly holding it back for Switch 2 so the deadline pressure is probably off, too.

Reactions: BroodCorp

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sorry but I'm gonna press X to doubt. Metroid is an incredibly overhyped series, whose reputation was built when it was still fresh and innovative. Many games have surpassed it by now in gameplay, in music, in level design. Having large open areas to explore? Every game has that now. Yawn. I'll believe it's good when they show gameplay.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Sorry but I'm gonna press X to doubt. Metroid is an incredibly overhyped series, whose reputation was built when it was still fresh and innovative. Many games have surpassed it by now in gameplay, in music, in level design. Having large open areas to explore? Every game has that now. Yawn. I'll believe it's good when they show gameplay.
It's one of those series that regress through time. But it got the benefit of the doubt because of being Nintendo titles.

The last time I played 3 years ago, I think it pretty meh. Controlling using the Nunchuck doesn't feel great af all.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Big open environments does not really sound like Metroid. So I don’t believe that sell. Not disregarding the info tho.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No, not Super Metroid haha. Still some of the best design, music, and overall gameplay ever devised IMO. I have a friend who thinks old movies are bad just because they are "old." To me, that's a crazy concept, movies like The Godfather, Kurosawa movies, etc. are better than 99.9% of everything that still comes out. Age has nothing to do with it. Super Metroid was that kind of game. The Nintendo hate on this board is real.

I do think the Metroid Prime series is overrated though (vastly actually) ... 😬

Reactions: Systemshock2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No, not Super Metroid haha. Still some of the best design, music, and overall gameplay ever devised IMO. I have a friend who thinks old movies are bad just because they are "old." To me, that's a crazy concept, movies like The Godfather, Kurosawa movies, etc. are better than 99.9% of everything that still comes out. Age has nothing to do with it. Super Metroid was that kind of game. The Nintendo hate on this board is real.

Sure, super metroid was the best of them but imo there are way better metroidvanias than even super metroid now. Super metroid wasn't overrated, just the series that followed it. It's like comparing olympic runners, super metroid is like that dude who won olympic gold in a 100m in 1900 but now even high schoolers are beating his time

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023

Metroid 2D definitely dope, but I think Prime is pretty overrated.

I like how Americans love Kurosawa movies
I feel some are Imperialist propagandas, they did a good job of whitewashing with all honor shit.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Metroid 2D definitely dope, but I think Prime is pretty overrated.

I like how Americans love Kurosawa movies
I feel some are Imperialist propagandas, they did a good job of whitewashing with all honor shit.
I'd rather have occasional "imperialist propaganda" then the constant inch deep antiwar shit that was in vogue a few years back.