Michael Pachter continues to shill for Xbox, saying that gamepass will reach 200 million subs and Nintendo and Sony have the wrong model.

OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
This guy is insane! 200 million? How much money does he have tied up in Microsoft? And why is he saying this now that Phil is saying the same thing?
I think he is 100% in bed with Microsoft and basically depends on them. That's just my guess, going by his terrible predictions that are always so bullish about Xbox.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Very smart by Pachter. He is old enough to possibly not be around anymore in 10 years, when people will call bullshit (again) on his always-wrong predictions.

Reactions: daniel5043

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I honestly don’t know how this guy made a career out of being wrong about everything for the last 20 years.

Reactions: Evilms

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It was already losing subscribers before MS completely gave up on it, now it is just the new Games with Gold, zero effort being put into it.

They didn't even bother properly including the ABK games in it that they now own.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
200M in 10 years from now?

Even after merging it with Gold they aren't even getting close to the around 50M of PS Now, and the pre-ABK acquisitions didn't help.

Is it going to help to include there ABK stuff? Yes, but not much since the other subs/streaming services will also have them (signed deals with everyone, and Ubi will handle them), minimum after some timed exclusivity.

On top of that, many people had GP or Gold as an extra for their Xbox console. But how about if the Xbox console dissapear and they move to PlayStation? They won't have GP there, and will find there's a more successful alternative.

I think GP won't even reach 100M in 10 years from now.

Reactions: mckmas8808

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Is he never not wrong? Back in 2009 he was saying that that gen would be the last console gen. He's on something else

The sad thing is, he probably gets paid millions for being wrong.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You are taking too much on this guy...

GKaIVpKXMAA7b5Y

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I honestly don’t know how this guy made a career out of being wrong about everything for the last 20 years.
Because the information he gives out for free is incorrect on purpose. He earns a living from being very accurate and correct with his paid-for behind-closed-doors information.

According to an old internet post, his paid-for assessments often contradict his free information.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Where did Geoff find this clown? The dude doesn't work in the game industry and was never even an analyst in it. Big whiff.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
HHant he been wrong about literally every prediction? How has this moron even kept hit job all these years

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan