Microsoft cautions developers to avoid curvy female characters

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Angrboda is not a new character shes mentioned as the mate of Loki and mother of the wolf (Fenrir)
In the games, she's new.

In the original mythology, Loki was not the son of a Greek fallen god either.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
In the games, she's new.

In the original mythology, Loki was not the son of a Greek fallen god either.
You mean newly introduced in the second game cos thats not a new character acording to norse mythology

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
They are going to up the ante and grow the fable orc a 10 incher.

It's so weird, all these companies usually care about is profit, it only changes when it comes to this stupid virtual signalling stuff. Do they actually think this stuff will net them more money? Because it sure won't.

Nobody wants to be lectured about morals by these scumbags.

Corporations are extremely slow to react. Many are still on the virtue signaling phase and haven't realized the tides are turning.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
People here acting like baby inc has power to make decisions is hilariously sad 😂
They probably have a lot more influence than you are giving them credit. Optics matters to companies, and we have seen that; look at how SBI talked about getting their way and threatened companies into doing or giving what they want.

I think inclusion is a good thing, i think representation for people is very important but it must never become the defacto point of importance in regards to a characters founding.

As the late great Martin Luther King jnr said, Judge a person by the content of their character, not by their skin.

It seems to be that we are moving further and further away from that sound philosophy.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They made Angrbroda african in ragnarok obvious af

Idk why some people here denial about it
Black people are not just African or African descendants

Black people have existed in north Europe for thousands of years

Norse mythology does not specify skil colour for their gods.

Everything else is you being sad.

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think the issue here aren't any established characters but the changed look of MJ?

Not sure if there's any truth to that. They do look similar but who knows.

Damn they look exactly the same! Again sweet baby Inc having developer faces in the game just like... Wait... Abby in the last of us? An artist that's absolutely gorgeous?

This is the very definition of grasping at straws

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Black people are not just African or African descendants

Black people have existed in north Europe for thousands of years

Norse mythology does not specify skil colour for their gods.

Everything else is you being sad.
Bro just stop with the copium and denial angbroda is white nordic caucasian acording to nordic mythology literature

Just like greek god look like greek people or roman god sculpture look like roman people or egyptian god look like egypt people or japanese ancient deity look like japanese people

If you ok with that you must be ok with sweet baby inc changing kratos into chinese or ellie become arabic in their next game

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I'm actually intrigued. In a fantasy mythological world with gigantic snakes, overgrown wolves, axes and hammers that fly back to their owners hands, and where historical accuracy should not be a concern. How would it make sense?
Irrelevant argument I’m afraid. Fantasy or any story telling needs grounding to spin a relatable tale. Ragnarok most definitely DEI’d itself into being compromised and less cohesive.

Norse mythology is fantasy, but it also denotes a culture, a time period and a geography. It’s not modern, or sci fi, nor is it a reflection of globalisation in that context.

We as human’s relate to other humans more that anything - and when something is askew, it niggles. Races used willy nilly out of place is the uncanny valley of world building.

This goes for any example and any direction; Mexicans as Greek Gods, or Caucasia as Samurai in feudal Japan would not work either. And I do not subscribe to some obscure thinly presented evidence of an African existing in Iceland thousands of years ago as license to DEI the shit out of history and culture.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Bro just stop with the copium and denial angbroda is white nordic caucasian acording to nordic mythology literature
Norse mythology does not specify skin colour. Hell, Norse mythology is incredibly incomplete, a lot of it was lost.

Just like greek god look like greek people or roman god sculpture look like roman people or egyptian god look like egypt people or japanese ancient deity look like japanese people

What does a greek person look like? Or a Roman person? Because I'm sure you're aware that Mediterranean countries have an incredibly varied amount of skin tones and ancestries, right? Like, someone from South Portugal can look Pakistani. Someone from South Italy can be blonde with blue eyes. Someone from Egypt can be white or black.

But keep going, show us your knowledge.

If you ok with that you must be ok with sweet baby inc changing kratos into chinese or ellie become arabic in their next game

And here it is, your main problem. Nope, I have zero issues if they decide to change their ethnicity. If they were representations of real world charaters (like making Mandela white or George Bush black) then I'd have a problem because it's historically inaccurate. I also have a problem with the idiots that say being white is a crime, or that somehow I was a slave driver. But I also have a similarly big problem with people with your same old tired arguments.

And sweet baby Inc hasn't changed anything, they don't have the power to change anything.

• haha

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Norse mythology is fantasy, but it also denotes a culture, a time period and a geography. It’s not modern, or sci fi, nor is it a reflection of globalisation in that context.

Yep! And black people existed in northern Europe THOUSANDS of years ago.

Edit: we also had a nomadic culture in Ireland a few thousands of years ago that from all places we believe came from what is modern day turkey. Imagine, brown Irish people millennia ago!

But I'm sure you knew that.

This goes for any example and any direction; Mexicans as Greek Gods, or Caucasia as Samurai in feudal Japan would not work either. And I do not subscribe to some obscure thinly presented evidence of an African existing in Iceland as license to DEI the shit out of history and culture.

What represents a greek person? I'll keep asking because I'm actually finding this absolutely hilarious.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Norse mythology does not specify skin colour. Hell, Norse mythology is incredibly incomplete, a lot of it was lost.

What does a greek person look like? Or a Roman person? Because I'm sure you're aware that Mediterranean countries have an incredibly varied amount of skin tones and ancestries, right? Like, someone from South Portugal can look Pakistani. Someone from South Italy can be blonde with blue eyes. Someone from Egypt can be white or black.

But keep going, show us your knowledge.

And here it is, your main problem. Nope, I have zero issues if they decide to change their ethnicity. If they were representations of real world charaters (like making Mandela white or George Bush black) then I'd have a problem because it's historically inaccurate. I also have a problem with the idiots that say being white is a crime, or that somehow I was a slave driver. But I also have a similarly big problem with people with your same old tired arguments.

And sweet baby Inc hasn't changed anything, they don't have the power to change anything.
So you don’t recognise folklore, customs or mythology as representative of culture? Interesting.

• they're_right_you_know

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Yeah cos Loki is chinese, Thor is arabic, Hela for sure is persian or hispanics

Yeah man this is some early sign and step of you turning into those resetera sweet baby inch people altering the original source in the name of biodiversity congratulations

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So you don’t recognise folklore, customs or mythology as representative of culture? Interesting.
Where did I say that please?

Yeah cos Loki are chinese, Thor are arabic, Hela for sure is persian
I'm yet to find an egyptian that looks like Ra or Anubis. You also didn't answer my question.

maxresdefault.jpg

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

Edit: we also had a nomadic culture in Ireland a few thousands of years ago that from all places we believe came from what is modern day turkey. Imagine, brown Irish people millennia ago!

What represents a greek person? I'll keep asking because I'm actually finding this absolutely hilarious.
I’m not even sure what you’re arguing, there is no heritage in the world? What are you saying - all races belong everywhere at all times, there is no uniqueness???

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I am looking forward to seeing Ana cast as Shaka Zulu's wife in the next film.
Ana De Armas Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards