Microsoft concession a supposed gamechanger that will promote competition (Bullshit) . Terms accepted by CMA for Microsoft acquisition.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
All i have to say is, CMA, only the weak give up ground.

I’m not even sure where I stand on the issue. Usually I would celebrate a free market etc but Microsoft’s behavior is both vulture like and predatory and thru various forms has grown to where I find it threatening to society and not just gaming.

Also, the Activision play is to make revenue off PlayStation hardware since Xbox is doing worse than ever. It’s a loser play and conceding that their own software and hardware efforts are undesirable to consumers.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I’m not even sure where I stand on the issue. Usually I would celebrate a free market etc but Microsoft’s behavior is both vulture like and predatory and thru various forms has grown to where I find it threatening to society and not just gaming.

So you selectively celebrate free market? What we're seeing are the consequences of the free market - despite what people say or may think, it will always lead to consolidation. Once the barrier of entry is set this high due to the entrenchment of established players, only other big corporations can attempt and try to penetrate the market. I for one can't wait for a future controlled by a handful of companies, I'm sure it will be great.

Reactions: Its_Classified
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Idk why I get bothered but going on Twitter amd seeing ppl celebrate this and saying ", oh it would be great if they get Nintendo too" how in the world would it be great? They have been mismanaging their portfolio and devs and coming out with mediocrity generally! In what world would that be great?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Justice was, if not necessarily served (I think forcing a sell-thru of games via Ubisoft is bunk,) then at least portioned out.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Idk why I get bothered but going on Twitter amd seeing ppl celebrate this and saying ", oh it would be great if they get Nintendo too" how in the world would it be great? They have been mismanaging their portfolio and devs and coming out with mediocrity generally! In what world would that be great?
Simple all those games would have a higher chance to go to gamepass which means they wouldn't even bother to buy the games. This is the only reason now anyone supports Xbox buying anything. You take away gamepass and there would be alot less people celebrating anything they do. I think about it this way when Playstation buys someone the thought process turns into excitement due to thinking what technical and quality changes they could bring out of a developer, Xbox on the other hand just tries to copy ideas from another and fails spectacularly. They definitely live up to the American way of copying others and trying to spin it like they were the originator of the idea the took and built off of.

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are junk IP. They’re worthless to Activision too as they’ve moved all devs, literally every studio, to working on CoD.

Buying companies for IPs is trash. Just look what Disney did to Star Wars…. Sure if they just want to build a gamepass catalog of classics.

I’m totally fine with this purchase. Blizzard is heading towards oblivion after Diablo 4 megaflopped and retail CoD already cannabilized by f2p Warzone.

The moment Kotick is gone the Activision people actually enjoyed is dead. It’ll go the way of 343, Arkane and now what seems to be Turn 10. Institutional decay from Microsoft will spread.

RIP Activision
The Star Wars Disney Plus Series are good.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Unless I missed something, the Ubisoft cloud gaming deal was only a temporal patch because it was only a couple generations long, not permanent, and MS got part of the money Ubisoft generated with it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Hopefully the next president has a strong backbone and understand whats going on
That's hilarious

Corporate sponsors won't let anyone with a lick of sense near office, just look at who we have in the clown show right now. The entire Republican slate is a mental institution while the Democrat "slate" is one guy with dementia and a career of corporate bootlicking, his sidekick is a fucking prototype for homicidal AI robot and the up-and-comers are filled with more corporate bootlickers that clothe themselves in woke pr, it's a nightmare. US is doomed

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That's hilarious

Corporate sponsors won't let anyone with a lick of sense near office, just look at who we have in the clown show right now. The entire Republican slate is a mental institution while the Democrat "slate" is one guy with dementia and a career of corporate bootlicking, his sidekick is a fucking prototype for homicidal AI robot and the up-and-comers are filled with more corporate bootlickers that clothe themselves in woke pr, it's a nightmare. US is doomed
He's talking about the new SIE leadership, not the US government, lmfao.

Abdizur

Banned
5 Aug 2023
Because it's console warring. "My list is bigger than your list."
It's not about playing these games on Xbox. They just want Microsoft to take away stuff from PlayStation and "hurt Sony".

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's hilarious

Lol I wasnt talking USA, I meant CEO/ President of Playstation.

A good politician/ president in charge of a country, yeah that is hilarious I agree lol