Microsoft Exec on Helldivers 2: I'm Not Sure Who It Helps By Not Being on Xbox

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022

Have no interest in Helldivers 2 myself but I'm not against giving respect where it's due - to the point where I hope Sony acquires Arrowhead to ensure financial stability and continued support for HD2.

After reading this headline though? I want Sony to acquire Arrowhead just for the sake of it now.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It helps PlayStation.

Who would it help if it was on Xbox? Xbox is small and players don't like to buy games.

He wants people to demand PlayStation games on Xbox and if Sony doesn't budge he will set shill and the gaming media on them and label them anti-consumer.
such a hypocrite, thankfully Sony is not dumb to fall for his bs

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
such a hypocrite, thankfully Sony is not dumb to fall for his bs
They better not be and if they somehow are they deserve what will happen to them.

If anything Sony should pull out Bungie and MLB games from Xbox and claim that that development effort is better spent porting those games to PC.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
So the "Sony too" began...
Hopefully PS understands that it can gain Xbox gamers if they stop porting games to PC, Xbox gamers would buy a PS but knowing PS port they’re games they’ll migrate to PC & Steamdeck which is the same price as the PS5 at 500$ w Steam & the Steamdeck it cost just as much as a PS/Xbox console to get in the PC ecosystem

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They better not be and if they somehow are they deserve what will happen to them.

If anything Sony should pull out Bungie and MLB games from Xbox and claim that that development effort is better spent porting those games to PC.
Sony doesn’t own the MLB ip but if Sony takeover Bungie they should make Marathon & future Bungie games PS & PC

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony doesn’t own the MLB ip but if Sony takeover Bungie they should make Marathon & future Bungie games PS & PC
They own the studios that makes it, if they can't leverage that to stop the game from releasing on a failed platform and being included on Gamepass they are terrible at negotiating.

At the very least it should not be a day 1 gamepass release every year, that is simply humiliating.

Reactions: Diah and Bo_Hazem

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sony needs to start releasing CCU stats for playstation to drive hype. Do not underestimate this as a marketing tool. Steam gets a lot of attention due to how open they are with stats, has 132m MAUs, and still got beat out on CCUs by PS5 for helldivers. Sony nearly had as many MAUs just this past December.