Microsoft is afraid of Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
They are releasing a new Overwatch character on the same release date as Concord 8/20/24 and they are letting people beta test the character this weekend same as Concord beta is this weekend. Their game has 100million players, you'd think they would not be worried about little ol Concord lol.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They are releasing a new Overwatch character on the same release date as Concord 8/20/24 and they are letting people beta test the character this weekend same as Concord beta is this weekend. Their game has 100million players, you'd think they would not be worried about little ol Concord lol.
Makes sense tbh, they are very similar games.

Thats why competition is health for consumers,

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Nah MS knows they can burry Concord as if it wasn’t already DOA & give it zero percent chance of ever gaining any momentum

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Every time a PS game comes out, or an exclusive there is a good tactic to try and make it not successful.

This isnt the first time. From TLOU2 leaks and uproar, GOT a Japanese samurai game being made by “white guys”, Returnal being too hard, too expensive. GT7 had it and others. All of them had some negative press against them, whether its forums, media, twitter, youtubers etc.

Concord hasnt done itself any favours tbh with the character designs and stuff. Also most MP/Gaas games have there own haters from the PS fanbase, they are just adding fuel to the fire lol.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Every time a PS game comes out, or an exclusive there is a good tactic to try and make it not successful.

This isnt the first time. From TLOU2 leaks and uproar, GOT a Japanese samurai game being made by “white guys”, Returnal being too hard, too expensive. GT7 had it and others. All of them had some negative press against them, whether its forums, media, twitter, youtubers etc.

Concord hasnt done itself any favours tbh with the character designs and stuff. Also most MP/Gaas games have there own haters from the PS fanbase, they are just adding to the fuel lol.

sony need to reconsider putting their games day one on pc, even multiplayer. When it works it’s great, but if it starts off slow people use it s validation to go even harder to try and bury it. The forums for this game on steam are a mess.

This same thing would happen to the next naughty dog game if its day one on pc

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
sony need to reconsider putting their games day one on pc, even multiplayer. When it works it’s great, but if it starts off slow people use it s validation to go even harder to try and bury it. The forums for this game on steam are a mess.

Agree completely.

Especially when people are obsessed with Steam numbers and charts.

Keep these GaaS games away from the PC crowd until they have matured.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Agreed.
I thought day 1 would be useful for MP games but it is doing worse for the game

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Afraid? 😂 If anything, I think the people at Blizzard are celebrating Concord because it makes their garbage product look like a masterpiece in comparison 😂😂😂

No one is afraid of this trash. Concord is free to play right now for everyone on Steam and it's at....2,300 players...while OW2 is at 27k 😭😭

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Unless they had a big come back with the last update... Overwatch 2 is basically dead.
It F2P design is fucking abusive.

Concord has nothing to worry here.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Afraid? 😂 If anything, I think the people at Blizzard are celebrating Concord because it makes their garbage product look like a masterpiece in comparison 😂😂😂

No one is afraid of this trash. Concord is free to play right now for everyone on Steam and it's at....2,300 players...while OW2 is at 27k 😭😭
Having played both... Concord Beta is better than Overwatch 2.
BTW Overwatch 2 was free to play since launch.

Entropi

Veteran
22 Jan 2023
I don't think anyone is afraid of Concord and I thought the gameplay was solid.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Having played both... Concord Beta is better than Overwatch 2.
BTW Overwatch 2 was free to play since launch.

I'm glad you enjoy the Concord beta, but its currently getting decimated by OW2 at almost 12:1 playercount. BOTH OF THEM ARE FREE TO PLAY RIGHT NOW, which is why I brought it up...everyone knows OW2 is free since launch, that's irrelevant

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm glad you enjoy the Concord beta, but its currently getting decimated by OW2 at almost 12:1 playercount. BOTH OF THEM ARE FREE TO PLAY RIGHT NOW, which is why I brought it up...everyone knows OW2 is free since launch, that's irrelevant
What are the playercount on PS5 for both?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
What are the playercount on PS5 for both?
Why are you asking questions you know no one has the answer to? 🤔

No need to be disingenuous, we both know it's most likely the same on PS5, 12x more people playing OW2 than the Concord open beta.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz
Status
Not open for further replies.