5 Jul 2022
United States
Jokes on you Phil, it's already ovepriced for me anyways

fetchimage

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Well, its not like they lied.

Only a matter of time before the US is hit as well. There is less inflation here than almost any other market but its still here and still higher than desired.

D

Deleted member 223

https://wccftech.com/game-pass-wont-increase-in-price-even-after-abk-merger-says-microsoft/

Game Pass Won’t Increase in Price Even After ABK Merger, Says Microsoft​

"On the other hand, many gamers have been wondering whether Microsoft would increase the subscription pricing if games like Call of Duty and Diablo were added. That idea seemed to be reinforced by the recent decision to discontinue the long-standing $1 promotion for new customers.

However, on page 25 of the memorandum defense against the FTC's motion for a preliminary injunction to block the Activision Blizzard merger, Microsoft lawyers have clearly specified that no price increase is planned based on the acquisition."

Not planned based on the acquisition but planned based on X excuse (in this case, the easy PR line being inflation). It's the fine print - always.

200w.gif

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Well, its not like they lied.

Only a matter of time before the US is hit as well. There is less inflation here than almost any other market but its still here and still higher than desired.
See the date of the article

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I mean this has been coming for some time. There'll be another one soon enough too.

They're desperate to get the PC crowd on-side but I don't see it happening to any significant extent. Not when PC games can be bought so cheaply on third-party sites. Plus everyone prefers Steam anyway.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I mean this has been coming for some time. There'll be another one soon enough too.

They're desperate to get the PC crowd on-side but I don't see it happening to any significant extent. Not when PC games can be bought so cheaply on third-party sites. Plus everyone prefers Steam anyway.
Paying a subscription to play games on PC sounds terrible. PC has free online and plenty of options to get cheap games.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Let me guess...

Some months ago Uncle Philnocchio said they won't increase price because they think about their consumers.
Now they increase the price?

1687374570357.png

I understood now... their consumers become rich in the last few months :cool:
That explain it.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Let me guess...

Some months ago Uncle Philnocchio said they won't increase price because they think about their consumers.
Now they increase the price?

View attachment 1656

I understood now... their consumers become rich in the last few months :cool:
That explain it.
He was able to "definitely say" that they have "no plans today" to raise the price of their consoles.

They started planning the next day probably, even then, he was allowed to definitely say it, doesn't mean it's true... Like anything he says.

I think they should have released a 2TB console and discontinued the 1TB one for a stealth price increase (SSDs are very cheap these days).

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Must be taking a bath on the hardware losses. Eventually satya is gonna want some returns.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
brutal year for xbox, from acquisition blocked, to shit games, to games tanking through consoles flops.