Microsoft is reportedly considering bringing Gears of War to PlayStation

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
That’s according to Giant Bomb’s Jeff Grubb, who was elaborating on recent claims that Microsoft is working on a new initiative to release more Xbox-exclusive games on other console platforms.

Over the weekend it was claimed that Bethesda’s Starfield and its upcoming Indiana Jones and the Great Circle could be released for PS5, in addition to previously rumoured Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves ports.

“The other one that I’ve heard that’s definitely under consideration—it doesn’t mean that it’s going to happen, but it’s in talks—is Gears of War,” Grubb said on Monday.

“Gears of War is being considered for this,” he reiterated.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
another fucking xbot insider.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I think wherever Microsoft decides to port everything depends on how much it would sell on PlayStation.

We might be seeing the end of console wars. I wouldnt be surprised if Sony ports God of War to Xbox in 6 years or so since Jim Ryan decided to follow Xbox steps aith relaesing titles to OC and having PS Plus Catalog.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
We need a Gears 1-3 remaster collection on all platforms

Remastering 18 year-old games wouldn't be great. Remasters only really work well if you're working on a 3 to 6 year-old game released on the previous console generation and the new generation needs something to fill in the catalog.

Looking at games with 18 year-old animations and geometry coupled with better textures and lighting would be rather jarring.

Anything older than 8 year-old games (i.e. more than one console generation apart) needs to be remade, not remastered.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Remastering 18 year-old games wouldn't be great. Remasters only really work well if you're working on a 3 to 6 year-old game released on the previous console generation and the new generation needs something to fill in the catalog.

Looking at games with 18 year-old animations and geometry coupled with better textures and lighting would be rather jarring.

Anything older than 8 year-old games (i.e. more than one console generation apart) needs to be remade, not remastered.
whatever you like

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I just got in contact with someone inside Insomniac and they said that MS is working on a remaster of Sunset Overdive on PS5.
Publishing also reverts back to Sony this year too... so kinda works itself out with all that's going on with Xbox currently.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I think wherever Microsoft decides to port everything depends on how much it would sell on PlayStation.

We might be seeing the end of console wars. I wouldnt be surprised if Sony ports God of War to Xbox in 6 years or so since Jim Ryan decided to follow Xbox steps aith relaesing titles to OC and having PS Plus Catalog.
You have a better chance getting god of war on the wiiu the an xbox.

DJ12

3 Feb 2024
Wonder if different games have been leaked to different staff so MS can identify who's leaking this shit lol

If this is true , and the shill reaction says it is, every game will be coming to playstation eventually.