Microsoft limits Xbox Game Pass subscription extensions in certain countries (likely to deter cheap membership stacking)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Using digital codes or gift cards, Game Pass subscriptions can be extended to a maximum of 36 months to ensure players are covered without needing to pay each month.

However, a select number of countries are now excluded from this due to the lower cost of the subscription based on exchange rates.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Microsoft are cheap bastards
The real cheap bastars are gamepass fanboys, that for years have been preaching to other about Gamepass without actually paying it themselves and unsing a bunch of tricks to have it for dirty cheap.

All along I knew about the tricks them when I felt like playing an Xbox game but I wasn't going around telling other to go buy it or that Gamepass was the future of games.

You also have the extreme Gamepass idiots like Adam's Apple and some of the hardcore Xbots fanboys, idiots that slaved away farming rewards points and ruined their lives because they couldn't realize it always had a terrible return per time spent compared to real work.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
The real cheap bastars are gamepass fanboys, that for years have been preaching to other about Gamepass without actually paying it themselves and unsing a bunch of tricks to have it for dirty cheap.

All along I knew about the tricks them when I felt like playing an Xbox game but I wasn't going around telling other to go buy it or that Gamepass was the future of games.

You also have the extreme Gamepass idiots like Adam's Apple and some of the hardcore Xbots fanboys, idiots that slaved away farming rewards points and ruined their lives because they couldn't realize it always had a terrible return per time spent compared to real work.
I am one of those people. If a company offers me games for dirt cheap then I will take that opportunity. Microsoft had ample warning that doing so would cripple them and they wouldn't listen. So, if they don't want to listen, or care, why wouldn't I take advantage of cheap games

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
99% of people would leave then
True 😄 I didn't renew after my stack ended but i think MS could have made better incentives to keep people subbed because once you leave you really have no need to resub.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
majority of their subscribers already subscribe north 2025. I’m one of them and only pay 40 quid lol
Yeah same here. I did the 1 dollar "ultimate" conversion, so I have Game Pass Ultimate through early 2025. Started in 2022. Have paid zero since then, and the offerings are so bad, that's what I think it's worth. Got rid of the XSX after finishing Starfield. Not only do I not regret it, it felt great getting that thing out of my house. :p

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
My friend gave me a free 3 week gamepass code. I'm going to keep it till Elder Scrolls 6 releases, wait at least a year later for the bugs to be fixed, play the game 24/7 and finish the game before the 3 weeks is up.

MS gets $0 from me.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
My friend gave me a free 3 week gamepass code. I'm going to keep it till Elder Scrolls 6 releases, wait at least a year later for the bugs to be fixed, play the game 24/7 and finish the game by the 3 weeks is up.

MS gets $0 from me.
A sound plan lol. Sometimes it's so kuch better to wait. I bought Days Gone after everything was patched for $15 was one of the best games I played tht gen.