Mike Ybarra - Tipping Game Creators $10 or $20 on Top of the $70 Price is a Great Idea.

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
I actually think its a good idea, we all know companies don't pay their employees there fair dues when it come to profits. Developers don't get to pick the price the games they create sell at, some of the games I've been playing recently like Tinykin and Tunic and these games are fucking amazing i personally wouldn't mind throwing some extra coins at the developers that goes straight to their pockets for the fire they produced. Probably work better for the indie developers rather than these big 3rd party producers.

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Tipping game developers money when they aren't even giving us performance mode (many of which we know can do it but they simply don't want to bother with it) on these current gen consoles? Yeah, fuck off!

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
"Former Blizzard President" yeah that says it all one of the biggest predatory developers out there and he thinks they deserve more money is what hes alluding to. How about the man puts his money where his mouth is to set the principle if he has such a saint mindset.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Yeh he can fuck off with this shit. Gaming is already so expensive and we must now tip? What's next Go Fund Me's for when a game doesn't recoup the costs?
Developers need a vacation? Why let companies take care of that. Gamers unite. You can donate today!

Reactions: Box

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Tipping culture if fucking ridiculous. Cant even get takeout now without a-request for tips of 25+% for handing me a bag of food

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Personally, I have no issue with tipping if it's an independent game development studio. For example, in 2015 I paid $60 for The Witcher III: Wild Hunt day one and in all honesty, it's easily worth $100 to me so I would have definitely given them a tip if possible but I did buy the expansions at full price so that makes up for it.

Studios that are owned by billion/trillion dollar publishers, nah, let the publishers pay all of their employees and whatnot.

As for tipping in general, I have no issues with it whatsoever. If I order food that's being made for me and delivered to me so I don't have to pick it up, I always give the delivery guy a tip because after all, they're saving me time from having to make my own food or go pick it up.

Reactions: Box

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Personally, I have no issue with tipping if it's an independent game development studio. For example, in 2015 I paid $60 for The Witcher III: Wild Hunt day one and in all honesty, it's easily worth $100 to me so I would have definitely given them a tip if possible but I did buy the expansions at full price so that makes up for it.

Studios that are owned by billion/trillion dollar publishers, nah, let the publishers pay all of their employees and whatnot.

As for tipping in general, I have no issues with it whatsoever. If I order food that's being made for me and delivered to me so I don't have to pick it up, I always give the delivery guy a tip because after all, they're saving me time from having to make my own food or go pick it up.
No tipping is dumb. Just buy the game for a friend or someone that wants it. Which is a much better idea.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
i don't tip steve buscemi GIF

Complaining Reservoir Dogs GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Polyh3dron

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Similar to actual tipping, it will appear everywhere and only serve to remind customers of how much society has fallen.