Millie A.: "Spiderman 2 exceeding expectations" according to Marvel execs

24 Jun 2022
Sounds good, and I definitely trust Insomniac, so hopefully there's gameplay to show off for it soon. Only question is if it's going to be a Showcase and before or after Ragnarok releases.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think they will really do something else now with more time.

But I’m still most hyped by Wolverine… I don’t know but my in my children he was the coolest super hero.

I always wanted to have his claws.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
P

peter42O

The Disney/Marvel Showcase Friday could reveal the gameplay for Spider Man 2 which if this happens, then that decreases the chances of a PlayStation Showcase this month in my opinion.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The Disney/Marvel Showcase Friday could reveal the gameplay for Spider Man 2 which if this happens, then that decreases the chances of a PlayStation Showcase this month in my opinion.
I think we'll just get a teaser in the Disney show to capture that audience and a PlayStation Showcase announcement for more details and gameplay on Spider-Man 2.

I know nothing's in stone, but a Showcase gotta be around the corner. We know there's a Helldivers 2 trailer ready to go, but they aren't releasing it. Then they have to show those VR 2 games as well. A Showcase makes too much sense.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

P

peter42O

I think we'll just get a teaser in the Disney show to capture that audience and a PlayStation Showcase announcement for more details and gameplay on Spider-Man 2.

I know nothing's in stone, but a Showcase gotta be around the corner. We know there's a Helldivers 2 trailer ready to go, but they aren't releasing it. Then they have to show those VR 2 games as well. A Showcase makes too much sense.

I agree but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony not have a showcase at all and instead, show a few games at The Game Awards which gets a much larger audience anyway plus they have God of War Ragnarok while the competition from both Microsoft and Nintendo have nothing. With PSVR 2 launching in early 2023, saving their showcase for late January would probably be a better move.

This week is out and with the Tokyo Game Show next week and the rumored Nintendo Direct, I don't see Sony having their showcase next week either. Once October hits, I think Sony waits until late January.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I agree but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony not have a showcase at all and instead, show a few games at The Game Awards which gets a much larger audience anyway plus they have God of War Ragnarok while the competition from both Microsoft and Nintendo have nothing. With PSVR 2 launching in early 2023, saving their showcase for late January would probably be a better move.

This week is out and with the Tokyo Game Show next week and the rumored Nintendo Direct, I don't see Sony having their showcase next week either. Once October hits, I think Sony waits until late January.
The timeline is messed up, yes, and there are too many other shows lined up. True.

But I still think Sony will hold the showcase very, very soon. They need it before the big Holiday season. That's why they started doing it in September in the first place.

- We know there's a Helldivers 2 trailer ready to be shown.
- They gotta show PS VR 2
- Show more PS VR 2 games. They have so far showed 4 games and recently announced 1. So a total of 5. But we know that PS VR 2 is launching with 20 games, so they will show more.
- Marvel's Spider-Man 2 gameplay is rumored to be shown soon.
- They have released 10 out of 11 games they announced during the 2020 showcases for the console launch phase. The 11th game, GOWR, is releasing in 2 months. They gotta have a show to announce their upcoming lineup for the next year or two.

P

peter42O

The timeline is messed up, yes, and there are too many other shows lined up. True.

But I still think Sony will hold the showcase very, very soon. They need it before the big Holiday season. That's why they started doing it in September in the first place.

- We know there's a Helldivers 2 trailer ready to be shown.
- They gotta show PS VR 2
- Show more PS VR 2 games. They have so far showed 4 games and recently announced 1. So a total of 5. But we know that PS VR 2 is launching with 20 games, so they will show more.
- Marvel's Spider-Man 2 gameplay is rumored to be shown soon.
- They have released 10 out of 11 games they announced during the 2020 showcases for the console launch phase. The 11th game, GOWR, is releasing in 2 months. They gotta have a show to announce their upcoming lineup for the next year or two.

Again, I agree but they just don't need to have a showcase. We all want one but do they need it right now? Nah. If anything, they would be better off releasing GOWR and then a few months later when it settles down and holidays are over with, they have their showcase which if it ends up being PSVR 2 and/or live service heavy, definitely makes more sense to have it in early 2023 than this month.

We'll see what they do though.

Reactions: Heisenberg007

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Spiderman 1 is pure eye candy in an open world so why would we doubt this? It's to ge expected especially if it's not cross gen but who knows.

Reactions: Heisenberg007

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Hearing executives say they thought it was a cutscene doesn't say much as most executives are clueless about gaming.

Still believe the game will be incredible and that's based on Insomniac's record, nothing else.