Miyazaki on BloodBorne remake (insider says it is coming). Creating Souls like genre. EldenRing huge spike on PC/consoles

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update 3/6/24 Insider believes it's coming too

Update 2/26/24

Elden Ring sees 78% spike in Xbox players after DLC trailer drop​

Also on PC wit CCU

Elden Ring Is Back With 108K Steam Players For First Time Since Early 2023​

"It is a title we hold very dear and just as much as our fans," Miyazaki told Eurogamer when questioned about the possibility of a Bloodborne remake. "It does make me very happy to see that there are still so many people passionate about it."

But would a remake benefit from newer hardware to make the release worthwhile? FromSoftware's Demon's Souls, for example, was remade as a PS5 launch title after originally launching on PS3 - a double console generation leap that meant the re-release felt more significant

Also creating Souls like genre and

doesn't feel pressured by other soulslikes​

Elden Ring creator Hidetaka Miyazaki doesn't feel pressured by other soulslikes​

ER_SOTE_screenshot-(1).png

Although many rivals have emerged over the years, FromSoftware doesn't seem to be too worried about following the trend of other studios. In an interview, director Hidetaka Miyazaki said that he doesn't feel pressured by what other companies are doing with the genre.

Hidetaka Miyazaki didn't envision originating an entire genre. Yet such is the popularity of the Dark Souls games - right up to the more recent Elden Ring - that they've become collectively known in the gaming community as Soulslikes. That's shorthand for games with calculating combat, high levels of challenge and repeated death, though this is of course reductive of the awe and grim majesty Miyazaki's games evoke.

"We certainly didn't come up with the term Souslike and we didn't envision it as a new genre or a new term for the industry," he tells me. "So of course when it first started cropping up... we were very surprised.
"The term Souslike is, as I'm sure you understand, very vague,"
says Miyazaki.

"And there are lots of ways that can be interpreted... and I don't think any of them are wrong."

"There are many fantastic games out there and we don't like to see that as a sort of pressure," he says. "We don't like to feel pressured by what other studios are creating, or what is considered the next big game, or the next big Soulslike. We simply want to continue to make games that we enjoy in our own way.

Update 2/25/24...

Summary from Google Gemini: Dark Souls 2 gets vindication from Miyazaki​

The article challenges the negative perception of Dark Souls 2, highlighting its influence on future FromSoftware games and Hidetaka Miyazaki's personal appreciation.

Key points:
  • Miyazaki believes Dark Souls 2 was a valuable project, influencing design choices in later games like Sekiro and Elden Ring.
  • He credits the game's directors, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, for bringing fresh ideas and impetus to the series.
  • While not directing future projects himself, Miyazaki supports handing directorial control to other developers.
  • He acknowledges some regret over his supervisory role in Dark Souls 2, preferring full directorial control.
Overall:

The article suggests a reevaluation of Dark Souls 2 and its role in FromSoftware's evolution, with Miyazaki himself defending its importance and praising its influence. It also hints at a shift towards empowering other directors within the studio.

According to Miyazaki, there is still a secret in Elden Ring that has not been discovered.​

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
We don't actually need a full blown Bloodborne remake. We just need a way to play it with a smooth framerate. PS4 optimization, PS5 60fps patch, PC version. Any of these would do the trick. It's the best Souls game, and just a little too janky to recommend in 2024.

Also if there's gonna be a remake, it would be better coming from Bluepoint than FROM, just saying.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We don't actually need a full blown Bloodborne remake. We just need a way to play it with a smooth framerate. PS4 optimization, PS5 60fps patch, PC version. Any of these would do the trick. It's the best Souls game, and just a little too janky to recommend in 2024.

Also if there's gonna be a remake, it would be better coming from Bluepoint than FROM, just saying.
I want Bkuepoint on it as well. His remarks are promising though.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Community asked for the wrong thing. Why a remake when we could get a sequel?
Yeah they can do both but I don't want to wait forever for a sequel. Demon Souls sold around 2 million and released when PS5 launched so there is a group tht wants a remake/Remaster. I was happy asf to replay DS.

• thisistheway
Reactions: flaccidsnake

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Well, I'm in the ship that believes they are already cooking it with Sony right now. Even then i'd wait another 10 years happily.
Same, Hulst talked a lot about Kojima productions in interviews and then we got Physint announced from him. He also talked a lot about fromsoft, which implies that they have something going on with them as well.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Well, I'm in the ship that believes they are already cooking it with Sony right now. Even then i'd wait another 10 years happily.

I will be very surprised if From's next big project isn't Elden Ring 2, and we didn't even get the DLC from the first game yet. Granted AC6 was sandwiched in there.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I will be very surprised if From's next big project isn't Elden Ring 2, and we didn't even get the DLC from the first game yet. Granted AC6 was sandwiched in there.
Yeah Elden Ring 2 thy definitely working on.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Same, Hulst talked a lot about Kojima productions in interviews and then we got Physint announced from him. He also talked a lot about fromsoft, which implies that they have something going on with them as well.
This, and the fact they dumped a $122 million dollar investment in the company. Writings been on the wall for a FROM/Sony collab for a minute now.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
they made 3 dark souls games. elden ring is by far their biggest hit ever, and they recently got full ownership of the IP from bandco.

i agree their name is more important than the IP, but i wouldn't bet on Sekiro 2 coming any time soon.
Every Souls game since Dark Souls was localized on PS3 made more than the previous. Add in multiplatform and it's par the course. Elden Ring was more successful and the one after will be more successful than the last