MLB The Show '24 Releasing March 19 - on consoles & Game Pass |UP| Negro league Collectors Edition, also Women Pave Their Way (women being added).

icon773

19 Dec 2023
I stopped buying it 5 years ago bcus little evolution in graphics and just a change of roster. Almost all sports games are like this. These dummies don't even add VR integration which is a no Brainer.
Ill buy last year's version for ps 5 when it drops to 10 bucks used on ebay or gamefly, I stopped buying in 2015 when i saw that sony SD had no intentions on improving the graphics.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Not in to baseball, and wouldn't buy even if I was... as long MLB is day 1 on Game Pass.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It ain't easy for them to make massive improvements while doing yearly iterations especially while trying to cater to all the lower specs systems too.

But they should definitely add VR support.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Ill buy last year's version for ps 5 when it drops to 10 bucks used on ebay or gamefly, I stopped buying in 2015 when i saw that sony SD had no intentions on improving the graphics.
Yep, graphic of this franchise has not changed in years. Sad when considering this has been a thing even before they went multiplat. MLB the Show using Decima engine could be eye candy but I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It ain't easy for them to make massive improvements while doing yearly iterations especially while trying to cater to all the lower specs systems too.

But they should definitely add VR support.
It was like this even before going multiplat.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Day 1 on GamePass again SMH. Sony should've called MLBs bluff and told them to kick rocks and get someone else to make the games. This is sad

Yeah this was a dumb ass move.

Yes and then the studio that has pretty much only done this game for years and is hyper-specialized to do exactly with game with about 200-250~ employees(in San Diego) would need to pivot and attempt something else in an increasingly risky market.

PlayStation margins are already pretty low, there's really no incentive to spit on the revenue that this franchise provides to attempt to make something else, a project that would take years and require a pretty big restructuring at the studio depending on whatever they would choose and how different this project would be compared to what they're currently making.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Yes and then the studio that has pretty much only done this game for years and is hyper-specialized to do exactly with game with about 200-250~ employees(in San Diego)
Case in point, Sony had ALL the leverage. MLB would have to waste years scrambling trying to find another developer that wouldn't be able to do it as well.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Case in point, Sony had ALL the leverage. MLB would have to waste years scrambling trying to find another developer that wouldn't be able to do it as well.
And it would probably be nowhere as good because as baseball goes this game is top notch in terms of authenticity.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Day 1 on GamePass again SMH. Sony should've called MLBs bluff and told them to kick rocks and get someone else to make the games. This is sad

How is that Gamepass shit still happening? Pathetic.

Just a reminder of how much MS is willing to go behind Sony's back and how much Sony is just willing to take it.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
How is that Gamepass shit still happening? Pathetic.

Just a reminder of how much MS is willing to go behind Sony's back and how much Sony is just willing to take it.
Pathetic is an understatement! Maybe the idiots at MLB signed a 5 year GamePass deal or x amount of game deal, or something along those lines? I think I read somewhere that Sega did a 10 game GamePass deal with Xbox. Xbox hooks publishers into long term deals before they know how bad it actually is. Some pubs only think in the short term.