MLB The Show '24 Releasing March 19 - on consoles & Game Pass |UP| Negro league Collectors Edition, also Women Pave Their Way (women being added).

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
It ain't easy for them to make massive improvements while doing yearly iterations especially while trying to cater to all the lower specs systems too.

But they should definitely add VR support.
VR support might come once PSVR2 is supported by PC. Still surprised this is on Xbox and Switch but not PC.

They're sitting on a lot of revenue.

Instead of just making a female creation character, they should have licensed NCAA softball. Just as they should promote this game globally every 4 years as part of the World Baseball Classic in every region with its own regional cover athlete.

They should shift away from this being an MLB license and push for it to be a baseball game across every element of the game.

Little League
High School Baseball
NCAA Baseball
NCAA Softball
World Baseball Classic
Minor League Baseball
Major League Baseball
Nippon Professional Baseball
KBO League
Chinese Professional Baseball League
Puerto Rican and Dominican Baseball leagues

By expanding the reach of the game they could probably afford to have multiple teams developing the game and they could ensure that there are generational leaps to franchise mode where you could create a character and take them through a pretty long baseball career.

Day 1 on GamePass again SMH. Sony should've called MLBs bluff and told them to kick rocks and get someone else to make the games. This is sad

They probably make a good amount of money from it being Day 1 on GamePass. If anything they're calling Microsoft's bluff. At some point the GamePass Day 1 contract will run out and Microsoft will have to ask themselves if they want to keep paying for it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I've always championed VR support even if it's just batting cage stuff.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
To expand on things

2.6 million kids play Little League. Not having Little League in the game is a massive mistake. 482K kids play High School baseball.

25.1 million people attended Japanese Pro Baseball games in 2023.

62 million people watched Japan vs Korea in the WBC in Japan alone...

1.6 million people watched the NCAA softball championship.

They're only scratching the surface with MLB The Show.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Lawd I would never buy this on switch. This is like two gens behind.
Well per Switch standards it's a top tier looking game.

To expand on things

2.6 million kids play Little League. Not having Little League in the game is a massive mistake. 482K kids play High School baseball.

25.1 million people attended Japanese Pro Baseball games in 2023.

62 million people watched Japan vs Korea in the WBC in Japan alone...

1.6 million people watched the NCAA softball championship.

They're only scratching the surface with MLB The Show.
Does the game only feature USA's MLB league? Or like FIFA does also include national teams or other leagues?

I'd say that outside USA only Japan and Cuba care about baseball, so since in Cuba they don't have money to buy games, I'd include The Japanese league and if it exist (I assume yes) its world cup/tournament.

I have no idea how popular female baseball is in USA, but they may want to include Abby as cover athlete next year. But In the case of FIFA, nobody cared or noticed (at least outside USA) they included women, because they aren't popular IRL football.

So for the same reason, not sure if it would be a good idea to put kids in the game.

Last edited: