Modern Vintage Gamer Reviews Standalone Dolphin Emulator for Xbox

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

There is already a version of Dolphin accessible via Retroarch on Xbox, but that version is severely outdated. This is a much newer build and has 99% compatibility with all GC and Wii games.

Just a few minutes of hassle of getting some config files from PC to Xbox via a USB and bam, you can play pretty much all GC and Wii games with 4x resolution multipliers on a Series S without any drops in performance.

Also supports custom textures so you can put all those fancy shmancy HD texture packs for Metroid, Eternal Darkness etc too.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
I've also seen some people get PCSX2 to run near-flawlessly using the dev mode too. If the devs for the most popular emulators can get a fully-fledged UI working on the XSS so setup is less of a barrier, it would make the console an excellent dedicated emulation machine (moreso than it already is).

OP
OP
adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I've also seen some people get PCSX2 to run near-flawlessly using the dev mode too. If the devs for the most popular emulators can get a fully-fledged UI working on the XSS so setup is less of a barrier, it would make the console an excellent dedicated emulation machine (moreso than it already is).

Yep.

There is a stand-alone PCSX2 fork called XBSX2 that is near flawless, I use it myself routinely and it's great being able to run PS2 games in 4K on a console instead of my aeging PC laptop.

There is a PSCX2 core in Retroarch as well, but like Dolphin, the Retroarch cores are severely outdated.