Moon Studios CEO : Renting games using Game Pass DOES NOT help Moon Studios / Phil Spencer is keeping Ori off of PlayStation

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
When I briefly had Gamepass, I was blown away by Will of the Wisps. Cancelled Gamepass and bought both games on Steam. I'm really looking forward to that No Rest for the Wicked early access.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I don't see how this is surprising to anybody?
Ori is published by XGS and is also a MS IP to boot, they're in total control as to where they release the product.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, we already knew that. But as MS keeps porting their games to PS at some point they'll port the Ori games too.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Ori is a good example of why not to sign a sub service agreement before the game launches. If the game blows up and you have a 5 year deal to be on GP then you stuck for the next five years collecting just enough to keep the lights on from a trillion dollar company that dont have to worry about keeping the lights on
Let MS pay market value for the shit you produce. Ori would have been a huge buy-to-own hit on PS4/PS5.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Seems he's now said, 'I agree with Phil that all games should ideally be on all platforms." Hmm but yours isn't buddy why's that , it must be playstation right because Phil wants all games on all platforms & wouldn't have forced ori to be Xbox console exclusive 🤣
Edit* it came to switch aswell later on but still blocked from going to playstation

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
What he was saying then vs now. Lol

This is a 100% defensible statement. Scorpio/X1X could've (should've!) been the next-gen Xbox and PS4 Pro was an overall minor GPU upgrade. The important factor is that PS4 Pro hit what was needed in the moment and One X was too late to market. If MS thought like 1 year ahead, they would've at least put the expandable SSD upgrade slot on the One X and made it compatible with Series S games.