FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Screenshot-20240925-144417-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well of course they still have Marathon, Wolverine to reintroduce, I feel we'll get a Naughty Dog teaser, SSM new IP should be ready to e debuted too, FairGame$

Hopefully we can get a Housemarque teaser too

Guerilla's GaaS should reach a stage to be shown off?

Mind is running wild, 2025 better be that year lol

11 Jul 2024
If Shinobi says, then it will be.

Dunno why they break up the announcements like this instead of having a hype showcase...
Probably cause Ghost is the earliest release. Honestly I think Sony are smart with how they are revealing their games now. Short waiting time between announcement to release and not revealing their whole lineup at once will keep the hype sporadic instead of once a year type deal. That's what XB did and why their showcase was regarded like it's the second coming of jesus, they blew their load showing games that are years away and now they got nothing to show for the next 3 years.

24 Jun 2022
Probably cause Ghost is the earliest release. Honestly I think Sony are smart with how they are revealing their games now. Short waiting time between announcement to release and not revealing their whole lineup at once will keep the hype sporadic instead of once a year type deal. That's what XB did and why their showcase was regarded like it's the second coming of jesus, they blew their load showing games that are years away and now they got nothing to show for the next 3 years.

No. The actual problem with Xbox was that they did as you said in terms of revealing their games for the next 3-4 years as a big hype thing, but then most of those games either came out substandard (Halo Infinite, Forza Motorsport, RedFall, Starfield etc.) or didn't come out at all (Everwild, State of Decay 3, that Avalanche game, etc.).

SIE NEVER had that problem outside of a couple games at best: Dreams (which was shown way too early) and The Last Guardian (same). Everything else, they may have shown years in advance but the games released in a a reasonable frame of time AND either lived up to expectations (with rare exceptions, like The Order 1886 or Driveclub at its launch) or exceeded them. They had a walk that backed up their talk; Microsoft didn't.

So knowing that, it still doesn't make complete sense why SIE have changed their strategy this gen. But little use asking why at this point.

Reactions: Puff and On Demand

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well of course they still have Marathon, Wolverine to reintroduce, I feel we'll get a Naughty Dog teaser, SSM new IP should be ready to e debuted too, FairGame$

Hopefully we can get a Housemarque teaser too

Guerilla's GaaS should reach a stage to be shown off?

Mind is running wild, 2025 better be that year lol
Wolverine 2026. They have Venom in the works.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So if SP is ready next year.... that leaves us with Naughty Dog, Bend, Media Molecule, Housemarque, BluePoint for 2025-2026.

I think SSM, Insomniac, Guerilla, and PD close the gen with releases in 2027-28.

Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Somebody said to me that Wolverine is 2026 but I always had it as 2025.
What more?

Death Stranding 2: On The Beach
Marathon
Ghost of Yotei
Usual The Show

MrAss

24 May 2024
So if SP is ready next year.... that leaves us with Naughty Dog, Bend, Media Molecule, Housemarque, BluePoint for 2025-2026.

I think SSM, Insomniac, Guerilla, and PD close the gen with releases in 2027-28.
I think it's the other way around. Insomniac (Wolverine), Santa Monica (new ip) and Guerrilla (Horizon online), PD (GT8) all 2026

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
If Shinobi says, then it will be.

Dunno why they break up the announcements like this instead of having a hype showcase...
If you show off the full lineup for the rest of the gen then you have nothing new to show. You have a day in the news and that's it. Having it spread out gives each game the spotlight.

If you had for argument sake [the games listed aren't the point] Horizon 3, GoY and Days Gone 2 announced on the same date then Days Gone 2 gets lost in the shuffle. Days Gone 2 being announced in a different show, likewise Horizon 3 on yet another show, where they are each show's diamond gives it more eyes and also keeps the idea of Playstation in the public eye for more overall days than a one and done.

Xbox's showcase was universally praised but fuck all is mentioned since in the media in comparison to if they dripfed the games. That was only one day in the sun.