More PS5 exclusives will be announced for 2025, hints Shinobi

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
If you show off the full lineup for the rest of the gen then you have nothing new to show. You have a day in the news and that's it. Having it spread out gives each game the spotlight.

If you had for argument sake [the games listed aren't the point] Horizon 3, GoY and Days Gone 2 announced on the same date then Days Gone 2 gets lost in the shuffle. Days Gone 2 being announced in a different show, likewise Horizon 3 on yet another show, where they are each show's diamond gives it more eyes and also keeps the idea of Playstation in the public eye for more overall days than a one and done.

Xbox's showcase was universally praised but fuck all is mentioned since in the media in comparison to if they dripfed the games. That was only one day in the sun.
It’s crazy how hyped that showcase was. All they did was show trailers for games they announce multiple years prior. They are still running the old hype playbook Sony and Nintendo have both graduated from last generation.

Perfect Dark, Fable, State of Decay 3, Avowed…. We heard about all of these games well over 4 years ago.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
I've said it in another thread but Sony is done with announcing games years in advance. They could have teased Astrobot and Yotei 2-3 years ago but they waited for the right moment.

Wolverine has been MIA for 3 years now.

Spiderman 1 had back to back E3 shows and people complained about it.

The Last Guardian took an entire console generation to finally launch.

Or just simply look at Xbox.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If Shinobi says, then it will be.

Dunno why they break up the announcements like this instead of having a hype showcase...

Same. Some fans like it seems, I dont.

Hopefully the transition period is ending. So less big gaps for announcements

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark

Screenshot-20240925-144417-Samsung-Internet.jpg

I hope so... I want more!

MrAss

24 May 2024
If you show off the full lineup for the rest of the gen then you have nothing new to show. You have a day in the news and that's it. Having it spread out gives each game the spotlight.

If you had for argument sake [the games listed aren't the point] Horizon 3, GoY and Days Gone 2 announced on the same date then Days Gone 2 gets lost in the shuffle. Days Gone 2 being announced in a different show, likewise Horizon 3 on yet another show, where they are each show's diamond gives it more eyes and also keeps the idea of Playstation in the public eye for more overall days than a one and done.

Xbox's showcase was universally praised but fuck all is mentioned since in the media in comparison to if they dripfed the games. That was only one day in the sun.
E3 2016 was one of the best shows ever. But let's be honest GOW kinda overshadowed everything else that night.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I think it's related to the PlayStation 30th anniversary. It will be probably a showcase to celebrate the anniversary.

My predictions:

Cygames x XDEV Japan - Project Awakening
JP GAMES x XDEV Japan - JRPG

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Somebody said to me that Wolverine is 2026 but I always had it as 2025.
What more?

Death Stranding 2: On The Beach
Marathon
Ghost of Yotei
Usual The Show
From the Insomniac leaks: Wolverine targeted for 2026

The same leak said Venom is 2025
FairGame$ & Marathon are obvious
The Show is a no-brainer and alleged Days Gone remaster.
More interesting is ''yet to be announced'', so new titles. I expect 1 or 2 titles max perhaps smaller scale/out-sourced next to Venom.
Next year is already stacked full of games on top of third party.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
From the Insomniac leaks: Wolverine targeted for 2026

The same leak said Venom is 2025
FairGame$ & Marathon are obvious
The Show is a no-brainer and alleged Days Gone remaster.
More interesting is ''yet to be announced'', so new titles. I expect 1 or 2 titles max perhaps smaller scale/out-sourced next to Venom.
Next year is already stacked full of games on top of third party.
I read somewhere Venom is now a full game releasing after Wolverine in 2027. It leaked a bit later and had new info.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Obviously. And For Nintendo, PC and mobile too. And I assume that in like 2024, half of the 2025 GOTY candidates will be PS exclusives.

Already announced:
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Marathon
  • GoY
  • Convallaria if not released in 2024
  • Lost Soul Aside if not released in 2024
Unannounced/with no date revealed but I think are super likely:
  • Days Gone Remaster
  • Venom
  • Interestellar: The Heretic Prophet (SSM new IP)
  • Horizon Online
  • Firesprite's game, which I assume can be Until Dawn 2
Then add another dozen or so 3rd party (in many cases timed) console exclusives:
  • AAA
  • AA & indie both western and Asian
  • A few of the China Hero Project already announced games
I think are more likely for 2026 or later:
  • Next SP ND game (Uncharted with manly ladies 2)
  • Fairgames
  • Housemarque's next game
  • Lego Uncharted/GoW/GoT/GT/etc
  • Knack 3 Reknackered
Bluepoint 🤔👀
They are doing support for a new game, pretty likely for the next new SSM (or ND) game

Last edited:

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I read somewhere Venom is now a full game releasing after Wolverine in 2027. It leaked a bit later and had new info.
I remember there were two timelines one with Spider-Man online this year on it with Wolverine for 2025. So that one got obviously scrapped. If it's full scale I don't know, I don't see them personally working 4 years on it. From the workflow allocation chart it ends at Q2 2025 for Venom. Timing wise it makes sense in the trail of PS5 Pro, but we have to wait and see, not saying it's impossible could turn out Sony allocated it in a different time slot.