Mortal Kombat OT | Kombat Time!

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Open spoilers/discussion with regard to the new MK1 story and leaks (if allowed here?).

What do people think of Kang's new era? I have to admit I agree with Shang that him and his time line will not be missed.

Whom would have been included in your MK1 New Era instead? Pick your own 24/kombat pack rosters. Tiermaker graphics welcome.

Even the original MK was said to have extra fighters present but hidden...

_20231004_150245.JPG

OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Reptile_Taunt5_Static.png
Reptile

Perhaps im in the minority here, but I actually dislike the whole de-evolved lizard form. Reptile's coolness was being the first secret fighter, and mimicking at the time, at least sub/scorp's moves as they were the only ninjas present in real life, though more like Ermac have been placed as "being around" but not taking part. Come MK2-UMKT it was known he was a lizard, but had to conceal it. Then they went stupid for most designs.

I think they could pull the trigger on this cancelled fighter, Tiamat, and solve much of Syzoth's issues, and stop them filtering various levels of Dragon-genes onto Shao, for example.

MKDA_KA_144.png cutout.png
Let Tiamat be the big hulking/agile lizard fighter looking like Killer Croc, and eventually become the host for Onaga. Let Reptile work with his acid, invisibility ability as njnja stealth, sub/scorp's adapted moves etc. He can still use his tail whip as long as it comes out from behind a loin cloth tail, instead of looking like it gets magic'd onto his body for one move. He can pull his mask down to reveal lizard mouth/spit acid.

_20231005_112213.JPG

MK Classic Reptile, MK4 Reptile. Reptile himself is absent in MK D as he's being turned into Onaga, and had last been seen as this in Deadly Alliance...

render.png
They could easily re-introduce a few of these as different lizard species at war (or even in MK1 as timeline invaders), each with different powers/fighting styles. They've also got the mysterious Khameleon/Chameleon too as well as Tiamat and Reptile, theres enough lore, visual representation with fans of each, that Reptile doesnt need to plah the role of half and half, master of none, he can be compartmentalized into cleaner separate characters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
The MK1 Pyramid :(

292focxwcp0b1.jpg _20231005_135551.JPG _20231005_135950.JPG

Really, really, disappointed at the lazy mashup characters for the pyramid scene. Could have had crazy lore/fanon characters appear from across timelines, like Hornbuckle, Hyrdro, Scorpion as "Monster", Great Kung Lao, Human Sector/Cyrax, Krypt Guy, Shang T'sung Island wolf mask guard, Blaze, Zombie Liu Kang throwing chains around like he's chain-fire Scorpion or whip-weapon MKX Takada or something.

bio1.jpg

Speaking of MKX, what were those weird, aged, human versions of Lui Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao for exhibition mode? They were still Revanants in that game's story if i recall all the details properly. Lets pull them onto the Pyramid fights and explain them.

Raiden_MV_head.png tn_shang_11_pr.png tn_ShangTsung_KL.png

Something like MK95 movie Raiden skin or Young Carey-Shang randomly jumping in on the pyramid steps only to get smacked-down and then fight as Old Man Carey-Shang, would have been better than "lazy female version of classic ninja outfit" or "these two already in-game fighters smashed together in a horrific color pallette."

You could have used the chaos of the pyramid to interchange 1v1 matches, kameo matches, tag mechanic matches say for Noob/Saibot (Tag matches are hidden in the PC version of MK1 by the way), 2-fighters-after each other like Deadly Alliance team up, two-characters-in-one-fighter like Ferra/Tor, could have fought 3 opponents at once like Sareena and the other 2, or Jade/Kitana/Mileena. So that the framework for each match style/type is in the game.

Could have "Imported" MK9/MKX/MK11 versions of those characters, different visual styles be somewhat damned, given the timeline invasions gimmick - I mean you have that visual disconnect anyway, with classic timeline kameos running-in on current versions. That'd have been better than "new" Titan variants of in-gamers narratively, whom mostly just seem to be wearing spikey power armor, like Kronika's mionions all had white power suit upgrades.

Imagine doing that last run sequence, but it's seeing different people's attempts for different portions of the chapter. MK1 Smoke vs Midway Cyber Smoke like in the game, but, only to then get Triborg from NRS timeline. Or fighting through Reptile's evolutions from across different timelines. It could have been a precession of missing 3D Era characters just to get a model made for a fighter without needing full movesets; for future use as kameos, dlc fully fleshed out characters, or as a base for inclusion future games.

Narratively, I don't really like unkillable Titans and multiverse stuff, but if you're gonna do it, might as well do it well? As above, not just lazy mish-mash non-canon characters. If I've understood it correctly, they're saying that every fighter has the opportunity to become a Titan within their own timeline and forge their own 'New Era' a result of beating Kronika. If so, that completely removes the stakes, even more than time travel within your own timeline did to dilute a death meaning something, which Quan Chi or Shang T'Sung could handle themselves anyway already, as well as now with time bending Geras and if the door is open for Kronika to return someday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
OG MK Tournamanet

I don't know if the mirror match happens to takes place in a stage where old man Shang is sat watching-on, but my little baby head cannon was that you run through all the competitors, but Shang's always been an evil cheating bastard so then you fight Shang transformed into yourself as the mirror match and spank him. Thats when he gets mad, starts throwing tag opponents at you, then Goro whom he's hid behind in the previous however many tournamanets, and finally he has to fight as Old Man Shang without much lifeforce left, hence his overuse of skull fireballs, and defeat and MK2 youth rejuvenation.

OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
View attachment 2489
Reptile

Perhaps im in the minority here, but I actually dislike the whole de-evolved lizard form. Reptile's coolness was being the first secret fighter, and mimicking at the time, at least sub/scorp's moves as they were the only ninjas present in real life, though more like Ermac have been placed as "being around" but not taking part. Come MK2-UMKT it was known he was a lizard, but had to conceal it. Then they went stupid for most designs.

I think they could pull the trigger on this cancelled fighter, Tiamat, and solve much of Syzoth's issues, and stop them filtering various levels of Dragon-genes onto Shao, for example.

View attachment 2487View attachment 2488
Let Tiamat be the big hulking/agile lizard fighter looking like Killer Croc, and eventually become the host for Onaga. Let Reptile work with his acid, invisibility ability as njnja stealth, sub/scorp's adapted moves etc. He can still use his tail whip as long as it comes out from behind a loin cloth tail, instead of looking like it gets magic'd onto his body for one move. He can pull his mask down to reveal lizard mouth/spit acid.

View attachment 2490

MK Classic Reptile, MK4 Reptile. Reptile himself is absent in MK D as he's being turned into Onaga, and had last been seen as this in Deadly Alliance...

View attachment 2491
They could easily re-introduce a few of these as different lizard species at war (or even in MK1 as timeline invaders), each with different powers/fighting styles. They've also got the mysterious Khameleon/Chameleon too as well as Tiamat and Reptile, theres enough lore, visual representation with fans of each, that Reptile doesnt need to plah the role of half and half, master of none, he can be compartmentalized into cleaner separate characters.
Reptile Cont.

These are going to be jumping around discussion dumps it seems. Ive been playing around with bing AI image creator, trying to explain some ideas visually. Its a bit weird as most ninjas use a red Scorpion outfit, but its the best I can do really :(.

These were supposed to be Ermac images, but the mask came out well for illustrating my human Reptile mask explanation from earlier.

_ff3f8ff7-f82c-437f-9c79-34462891084d.jpeg OIG.jpeg

This is the kind of idea I meant with Reptile pretending to be human, but pulling the ninja mouth mask down to reveal his actual lizard mouth underneath, and use acid attacks.