Movies, Streaming and TV [OT]

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Been to the cinema? Drop in here and tell us what you watched and give a rating!

mavfilm.jpg

Streaming a movie people missed or watching a new series? Share what service it's on and tell everyone what makes it special

Various-streaming-services-1200x675.jpg

Watching a local TV channel that has something unique and different? Tell us about it too!

Or maybe you're rewatching a classic or have a movie you watch every holiday.... is there something new you noticed when you watched it this time?

Tell us how many times you've watched The Shining or Die Hard.

Also feel free to discuss upcoming shows and movies.....

Be Quiet Pedro Pascal GIF by HBO
The Last Of Us Title Treatment GIF by HBO

27 Aug 2022
Just watched Black Sunday (1977) which is a pretty good thriller hampered by some wonky effects during the climax. Put it on due to a rewatch of Ronin (1998) which made me want to look into that director more, Ronin remains his best effort I've seen but I enjoyed this one enough.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Anyone else see M3gan? I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10. Definitely recommend it if you're looking for campy horror-comedy.

• fire
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Anyone else see M3gan? I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10. Definitely recommend it if you're looking for campy horror-comedy.

Didn't see it but I was very interested in going... saw some great reviews from the people I usually watch.

It looks really entertaining. 9/10 is high praise....

I hope i get the chance to see it.

• party
Reactions: AshHunter216

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I've been watching Yellowstone lately. I'm usually not much into watching stuff, but that show has me hooked. My dad has been watching it with me as well, and he's hooked too! I bought the first 3 seasons on Blu Ray and my dad's been pestering me about buying season 4 or getting a Paramount+ subscription so we can keep watching when we're done with the discs. I just might cave and stream the rest...

• fire

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Finished up season 3 of Yellowstone last night with my dad! I think I'm just going to buy the season 4 Blu Rays some time soon and once we finish with them, I'll stream season 5 or, if it's already on Blu Ray by that point, buy it as well. I've heard season 3 is when the series took a dip in writing quality and it got worse in season 4, so hopefully I don't end up losing interest in it. I will say that I enjoyed season 3 just as much as the first two, so maybe I'm an outlier in that regard.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Went to the theaters to watch Suzume no Tojimari, since it's Makoto Shinkai and I'll watch whatever he puts out.

Suzume

Story: 7/10 Not really sold on the connection between the two MCs - not really established why she cares so much about the dude
Visuals: 10/10 It's Makoto Shinkai, dude puts out the most beautiful animation in the industry bar none, eastern or western
Music: 8/10 good but not as memorable as his other works. Did find a few easter eggs like one of the songs played during the road trip being a theme song from one of his earlier works
Overall: 9/10 - it really hit me hard during this what watching this movie would be like for Japanese people who lived through the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. Maybe I've got too much empathy but it made me really tense watching certain scenes, and it got me a little emotional over it. Also it was nifty seeing the weaving of traditional folklore and superstition into the modern day, themes that Shinkai has been playing around with for several works now.

Also, always remember to close the door when you leave.

_w1700.jpg

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Admit it, its because you got caught account Sharing.

Jimmy Fallon Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Caught account sharing? I Always paid for 4K for me and my family why does it matter if we live in the same house anymore. They can now enjoy my $0.

Quality going down, price going up, policing where I connect to, 4K only if you pay for 4 screens, trash.

On Netflix own words: "Love is sharing a password"

Reactions: Sircaw

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I have not used or paid for Netflix for over a year.
I did go to pay for 1 month about a week ago but i got "Username/Email not found" looked it up and from what i can find Netflix delete accounts after 10-12 months of none use. So there goes my Watched/Watch and Recommended Lists i have made over the years. oh well.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I just found out "Masters of the Air" mini-series is releasing soon. Been hearing about it for a long time.

For those that don't know, it's a "sequel" to Band of Brothers and The Pacific, some of the best WWII pieces of media, created by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks. Seriously, do yourself a favor and watch Band of Brothers. The Pacific was a bit off to me, so I'm keeping expectations in check with this one.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I know I’m not exactly saying anything new here, but Oppenheimer is still so good (if not even better) on rewatch.

I’m kind of entertainment-brained, so I will say that despite Nolan’s best efforts to keep scenes kinetic and fast moving (likely also to cover immense ground), in both viewings, I had to push myself a little to keep interested in drier segments (seems to be the first 3rd).

Narrative, dialogue, visuals (don’t obsess, but see this on the best set-up you have access to), direction, acting, sets; this is one of the first times I’ve seen a movie up for so many Oscars and just been like, yep.

I love watching a movie that just leaves you spellbound for days afterward, thinking about it, kind of like a great videogame. The ending scene especially.