NateDrake: DOOM - The Dark Ages is a Multiplatform (PC/Xbox/PS5) release

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Update: Coming to PS5

Insider Gaming understands that the next game in the DOOM franchise is set to be revealed during this year’s Xbox Games Showcase on June 9.

The game, which has been under the codename/placeholder title ‘Year Zero’ is understood to have the final name ‘DOOM: The Dark Ages’ and has been in development for at least four years.

Last year, I heard of early details of the next entry into the DOOM franchise, which was described to me as a ‘medieval inspired doom world’. While that doesn’t necessarily give much information to go on, ‘year zero’, ‘the dark ages’, and ‘medieval inspired’ starts to paint a vivid picture of where the series could be going next.

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Now I get why some insiders were talking about a potential Quake game.
Their secondhand sources would've been like: Yeah man, I've seen some unlabelled art, looks like old school Quake to me.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Would have loved this to be quake instead. But can't say no to a new doom. I'd like it to be more grimy and not as colourful as eternal.

Doom 3 in approach but with modern tech.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Does anyone have the discord leaks from the start of the year

Om2JsRT.png

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Starfield flopping HARD made them reconsider buying publishers to make them exclusives.

Phil thought he was playing 4D chess with Sony but customers told him to fuckoff 🤭

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I just can't believe what the wizards at ID will do with next gen hardware only if they managed to run their games at 60 FPS on a PS4 and Xbox one.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
No surprise here. I'm expecting Microsoft's first party games to be day one on PlayStation sooner rather than later and Doom: The Dark Ages would be a good starting point next year as I believe it will be a March 2025 title.