NateDrake: DOOM - The Dark Ages is a Multiplatform (PC/Xbox/PS5) release

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

For so many Xbox fans the nightmare is only just beginning
I think the funniest part about all this is how Xbox fans & journalists kept saying how exclusive games don’t matter blah blah blah in reality they never liked Xbox games going to PC day 1 because they knew it will 100% devalue & diminish the console brand & identity.

Crapgamer was right back then

Once Xbox went day 1 on PC the Xbox platform & storefront died. There’s no reason to buy a Xbox console when there’s a platform that plays the game better & cheaper. & even the excuse that the PC market & console market are different aren’t completely true many PC gamers back in the day where console fans specifically with Xbox but as more games became exclusive PC games like PUBG, Rust etc the multiplayer centric Xbox gamer just migrated to PC.

Ultimately they know this is the death of Xbox as a console & platform which is why the new narrative is how the industry is changing & the future is multiplatform which the market leader & game company who stayed having a amazing gaming business with high profits has been Nintendo & there business model & pure dominance thrives through there exclusive games that can & solely be played w a Nintendo console, Nintendo games will never be ported to any other platform Nintendo will seek other methods before they harm the console platform or storefront. Nintendo will expand to media, parks, toys/merchandise, live service, continue to make small low budget games before they ever think of diminishing the Nintendo platform & storefront which I gotta respect. Nintendo growth & expansion is much slower & is very calculated.

Xbox fans & journalist cheers for these acquisitions because finally Xbox could have 3rd party games that existed & release on PS & now could’ve been made exclusive brute forcing exclusivity which would’ve effect PS more then the exclusive games PS makes. They really thought because Xbox own 3rd party franchises like Doom, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Crash, Spyro, COD it would bend the knee of PS gamers to buying Xbox. Xbox has a multi layer problem which is why PS, PC & Nintendo gamers don’t buy Xbox console

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023

For so many Xbox fans the nightmare is only just beginning

LMAO jfc Xbox fans are in for a bumpy ride. “You don’t buy Activision and Bethesda and not make their games exclusives” turns out you buy these publishers and make everything multiplatform 😂

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20240525-122306-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240525-122154-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240525-122118-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240525-122021-Chrome.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Screenshot-20240525-122306-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240525-122154-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240525-122118-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240525-122021-Chrome.jpg

:ROFLMAO:
I never understood the idea that PS will release there games multi platform because budget increases.

1. Budget doesn’t just endlessly gets bigger & bigger endlessly there is a cap.

2. Ai will likely massively reduce budget & rampant output for games in the next 5-10 years.

3. If budget is to big ie GOW Ragnarok which took 200 million just decrease game budget for games. GOW games can have smaller budget like 100 million & still be amazing quality & sell good. I wouldn’t mind if GOW went back to the GOW 1-3 style as long as it’s quality I still see GOW in those styles selling 15-20+ million because PS & GOW has hit a new level of clout they didn’t have in the PS3 gen. Also GOW in the style of GOW 1-3 would not only have significantly less budget but require less time & it can have the same if not better quality & fun gameplay due to the smaller narrow scope.

Ratchet & Clank rift apart is a perfect example of a smaller narrow scope game that have significantly smaller budget & it’s still high quality. My only gripe is that for a $70 Ratchet & Clank game I would’ve like to see the game runtime be more l 12-15 hours then 7 hours. For me Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart was a little to short only having 9 planets for a $70 is a little to low of content for price. The first 3 ratchet & clank games had over 20 planets & was $50 imagine rift apart having double the planets & had 2-4 online coop man that would make the game fun asf playing with friends.

Honestly more PS studios games should look at the souls franchise like demon souls & how there games can be played singleplayer or optional online coop which make the game that much better playing with friends. Ratchet & Clank rift apart, GOT2, inFAMOUS, Spider-Man should all have 2-4 online coop. inFAMOUS having online coop would be awesome ngl grinding on the rails & park coring the roof tops with 3 other friends or online player going thru the singleplayer story would be an experience to have

That Lego Horizon game better have 4 player online coop! That would be a massive miss opportunity

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff
23 May 2024
Microsoft should just release everything third party it just makes sense. It’s better than releasing exclusives with limited sales.

I’m hyped for this, hoping the ammo economy loop isn’t the same as Eternal.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It's just incredible how delusion some of them are. Seriously, if they aren't young they need to get professional help. No normal adult would have a mindset like that.

So Sony needs to port games to Xbox to do what? Go on GP because that's the only way these games are played? Sony sells games. How do you sell on a platform that can't even sell their own 1st party releases? Make it make sense.

Honestly now, some of these people need professional help and support. Get them to talk to someone because this amount of delusion is not normal.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Sony isn't porting shit to Xbox or Nintendo for that matter unless it's part of a contract (MLB The Show) or due to the terms of an acquisition (Bungie) and even in regards to Bungie, this will change once Sony takes over their board of directors. I'm expecting Marathon to be on Xbox due to it releasing before Sony takes over their BOD but after that, all exclusive to PlayStation/PC. Sony is like the shark smelling blood in the water and will be going all in for the kill.

Sooner Microsoft ports all their games to PlayStation and more importantly, goes day one on PlayStation (which they will), the better it will be for me so no complaints here. lol

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Both previous games are on Switch and they run great.

Better question, how much of a leap do you expect this new version to make?
Metacritic for Doom Eternal

PC: 88
PS4: 87
Switch: 80

Flumpumpawumpwump

This will be id tech 7, the others were 5 I believe. If they're targeting the PS5 spec you have no chance. If they're targeting the XSS, which isn't a given even for an internal studio, you've got a shot.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Metacritic for Doom Eternal

PC: 88
PS4: 87
Switch: 80

Flumpumpawumpwump

This will be id tech 7, the others were 5 I believe. If they're targeting the PS5 spec you have no chance. If they're targeting the XSS, which isn't a given even for an internal studio, you've got a shot.
So now you’re making it about the scores? They’re lower fidelity than other versions so the Switch ver should be lower. 80 is still fine.

Brainlets like you get proven wrong every single gen when it comes to Nintendo’s hardware.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So now you’re making it about the scores? They’re lower fidelity than other versions so the Switch ver should be lower. 80 is still fine.

Brainlets like you get proven wrong every single gen when it comes to Nintendo’s hardware.
Nope, and anyone anticipating something that can compete with or threaten PS5 technologically is sorely mistaken.