NateTH - “I'm confident that we will hear more from Sony this Q3, next year might be their most important, and one of the best years this Generation”

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

"For this generation, 2025 will be one of their stronger years, it seems like they're primed to have a good year next year, their silence this year shouldn't really be taken as anything other than they're just cooking right now."

"I'm confident that we will hear more from Sony this Q3, and I do think next year will probably be their most important, and one of the their best years this generation."

Timestamp: From 40:35 to 42:20

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Do people think Sony Studios aren’t doing anything? I’m curious what x dev and their third party partnerships are up to myself but 2024 has been great so far.

Shhhh. Sony is incompetent, and its studios are just twiddling their thumbs right now. Nevermind that they’ve never made so much money before; that was an accident.

• fire
Reactions: ApolloHelios

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
I guess we're gonna find out soon but it doesn't add up with the choice of not having a Showcase in May/June.
Do people think Sonys studios aren’t doing anything? I’m curious what x dev and their third party partnerships are up to myself but 2024 has been great so far.
Well for example Naughty Dog and Bend have done nothing of value for at least a couple of years so not entirely wrong to feel that way.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Stating the obvious! There's no way they can have another year like 2024 come next year and I am referring to first party output.

But let's see.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Obviously Sony will do a major drop of reveals in September since after Astrobot they dont have any more games announced (besides Wolverine, which was revealed earlier due to Disney contracts). Sony will announce their lineup for 2025 which will be pretty massive.

Also, wasnt this said as speculation by MVG, not by NateTheHate? Dunno why people keep pasting this incorrect info ahead.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I hate this, we cant talk about future games until our current scheduled games have been released.

Marvel has said they are gonna use this approach too, not announce or show anymore till after there next 2 movies… Fucking lame

Last edited:

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Expectations and reality are two different things. Of course hoping big blowout of titles in the pipeline in the next 2-3 years and celebration of the 30th anniversary alongside the PS5 Pro.

Sceptical me going off Sony this gen they might just think after Astro we've got DS2, FairGame$ and/or Marathon coming. That's ample enough for now.
and a blogpost for the 30th anniversary.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
people who think Sony has nothing to release in 2025, 2026 and beyond are just ignorant, they're saving the announcements to be shown on the new hardware, that's why a Showcase will only be here once PS5 Pro is announced.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
people who think Sony has nothing to release in 2025, 2026 and beyond are just ignorant, they're saving the announcements to be shown on the new hardware, that's why a Showcase will only be here once PS5 Pro is announced.
We can't show games to our 60 million customers, first we need to announce this new PS5 model that will sell 10 million if we're lucky
Doesn't make much sense to me

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Sounds good to me. I'm sure that Sony is saving a lot of stuff for 2025... And some stuff for even the last couple of months of 2024! 👀

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It seems kinda obvious at this point that a bunch of stuff got delayed out of this year industrywide. And it doesn’t seem reasonable to expect the same thing to happen next year at least. We should expect 25 to have more.

But I also wouldn’t be surprised if Sony’s only major releases for next year end up being Death Stranding 2 and Marathon only really.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I mean you’d have to actually be stupid to think sony studios aren’t going to be releasing games for the next 3 years.

They aren’t doing nothing and sony has never actually gone an entire year without major releases aside from maybe this one if you don’t count HD2, Concord or Astro

Reactions: Kokoloko

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
You vastly overestimate Sony's organisation when it comes to marketing their games

They've said all gen that devs will market games on their own schedules, when they are ready. And PS5 Pro won't be some magic bullet that reveals the whole slate for the next few years

Sony will keep revealing games when they are a year to six months out because that's what most of the devs want to do

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Do people think Sonys studios aren’t doing anything? I’m curious what x dev and their third party partnerships are up to myself but 2024 has been great so far.
Every gen people worry about Sony and their off years. Happens every gen and mind you Sony never changed a thing since ps1. Launch strong, take a year off, then close strong, repeat.
Thats literally all PS does.