NateTH - “I'm confident that we will hear more from Sony this Q3, next year might be their most important, and one of the best years this Generation”

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Every gen people worry about Sony and their off years. Happens every gen and mind you Sony never changed a thing since ps1. Launch strong, take a year off, then close strong, repeat.
Thats literally all PS does.
That's usually because the big guns like Naughty Dog get two games out per gen. Naughty Dog will be lucky for one this gen

Reactions: Umar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well for example Naughty Dog and Bend have done nothing of value for at least a couple of years so not entirely wrong to feel that way.
Bullshit, they have been making new games in that period, and AAA games aren't made in under two years, they take around 5-9 years to be made.

Last year ND cancelled TLOU Online, they were working on it since 2019. On top of it and the remasters/remakes/pc ports, since the release of TLOU2 they have been working on on minimum 2 new single player games.

One apparently started months after releasing TLOU2, maybe around early 2021. Other one apparently started around early 2023. None of these two are TLOU3. Who knows if after they cancelled TLOU Online in H2 2023 they started a 3rd game with people who were working on it (pretty likely TLOU3).

After releasing Days Gone, Bend made some post launch content and its PC port plus did help ND on TLOU Online and in an Uncharted spinoff until early 2021, around 3 years ago, when they moved away to work on their own new IP.

It's too early to show these upcoming ND and Bend games.

That's usually because the big guns like Naughty Dog get two games out per gen. Naughty Dog will be lucky for one this gen
Every generation AAA games take longer to be made, not only at ND. So each team releases less games per generation. To partly compensate this, some Sony teams like ND increased the amount of workers and teams they have to work in more games at the same time.

During TLOU2 ND only was working on it. But in recent years they grew to work in up to 3 new games at the same time, in addition to remakes/remasters/collections.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I hate this, we cant talk about future games until our current scheduled games have been released.

Marvel has said they are gonna use this approach too, not announce or show anymore till after there next 2 movies… Fucking lame

Actually, i support this. Keep it quiet aslong as possible

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Well, worth noting that complexity of game development, especially for a new IPs skyrocketed in last 7 years

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Bout time, I'm dying here....

Hungry Season 4 GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Astrobot is the savior but I think Wukong is a day 1 buy too if reviews are decent