Naughty Dog New IP speculation

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Just wanted to read the room on where everyone thinks ND takes things next time around. What about some ideas of what you would personally like to see from them?

I'd like to see the new IP take inspiration from space operas, maybe a hint of noir with hints of comedy... in a steampunk setting kind've like Jak 2 and 3. Basically I have been fantasizing about Naughty Dog making a Cowboy Bepop game (let me dream)

So, with their game likely to be revealed within the next year or two, what do you think (or wish) they have been cooking? Only thing that's guaranteed to us is industry leading technology behind this thing.

Reactions: Kokoloko

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
You think they go straight for another sequel? I wouldn't mind that honestly.

Probably lot of assets from Factions 2 to re-use + Druckman said something about a trilogy before (if I remember correctly, but to lazy to search).

TLOU2 is one of the best games ever, more of it is obviously welcome.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Another incoming Snooze fest.
Hopefully they learn, but sales numbers reflects the opposite. I am a big fan of them, but Uncarted 4 and TLOU2 both had a pacing issue that made them boring.
GOW ragnarok with SSM copied the same concept and it kind of killed the game for me.

26 Nov 2023
Kinda want them to make a stealth action game. TLOU2 still stands as one of the best TPS on the market with incredible stealth elements. Like either a stealth action (ala MGS) or a survival horror game because I firmly believe that ND has a strong grasp on making effective horror. I do want something a bit lighter from them after TLOU but I wouldn’t say no to full on horror

• brain
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I hope its not TLOU3. We need a new ip

Fantasy based like those random concept arts or Savage Starlight lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hopefully they learn, but sales numbers reflects the opposite. I am a big fan of them, but Uncarted 4 and TLOU2 both had a pacing issue that made them boring.
GOW ragnarok with SSM copied the same concept and it kind of killed the game for me.

I guess its not just for everyone. I loved U4 and TLOU2. Best combat in the series. For me it was awesome that TLOU2 was so long. More gameplay that I enjoyed

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Kinda want them to make a stealth action game. TLOU2 still stands as one of the best TPS on the market with incredible stealth elements. Like either a stealth action (ala MGS) or a survival horror game because I firmly believe that ND has a strong grasp on making effective horror. I do want something a bit lighter from them after TLOU but I wouldn’t say no to full on horror
Absolutely, I think they would NAIL horror to be honest.

I could see a horror game with melee combat involved even. In the TLOU2 developer commentary, Bloodborne was a huge reference point to them. Makes me wonder if they go farther into that direction with their new IP..

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Absolutely, I think they would NAIL horror to be honest.

I could see a horror game with melee combat involved even. In the TLOU2 developer commentary, Bloodborne was a huge reference point to them. Makes me wonder if they go farther into that direction with their new IP..

I dont even know how anyone could put TLOU2 to be inspired by Bloodborne in anyway lol. I have no idea why ND or Neil would use it as Inspiration. Both Top 10 games of all time for me but nothing alike lol

Gamedesign, level design, story, gameplay, combat, art style, cinematics etc. They are like so opposite to each other in so many way

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I dont even know how anyone could put TLOU2 to be inspired by Bloodborne in anyway lol. I have no idea why ND or Neil would use it as Inspiration. Both Top 10 games of all time for me but nothing alike lol

Gamedesign, level design, story, gameplay, combat, art style, cinematics etc. They are like so opposite to each other in so many way
yeah that surprised me to. they stated in preproduction TLOU2 started as a connected open world, melee only game ala Bloodborne.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
yeah that surprised me to. they stated in preproduction TLOU2 started as a connected open world, melee only game ala Bloodborne.
I think thats the scariest thing ND has done or said in years lol. Still Id trust them to do a good job of it… kinda