Naughty Dog New IP speculation

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
I think it is a new IP.
To coincide with Santa Monica's new IP, too.

PS will save TLOU P3 and next GOW for next gen.
Familiar titles for the beginning of a new gen is an easy way to hype up existing customers.

Reactions: voke

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I believe there was some speculation they had a working space concept but that was right after TLOU came out. Who knows if they kept it all this time.

• Informative
Reactions: voke

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hopefully something that's more upbeat thematically with a good cast... 3rd person and has some great over the top action. I miss that naughty dog gameplay physics nobody does it like them..

I know it will be a new IP, so not worried about that.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Hopefully something that's more upbeat thematically with a good cast... 3rd person and has some great over the top action. I miss that naughty dog gameplay physics nobody does it like them..

I’m hoping for that too but Druckman’s comments on fun gameplay don’t give me any hope :(

OP
OP
voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

All but confirmed a new IP. It’s been in production for 3 years now…. I think we see this 2026-27. 5-6 years sounds about right

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Just wanted to read the room on where everyone thinks ND takes things next time around. What about some ideas of what you would personally like to see from them?

I'd like to see the new IP take inspiration from space operas, maybe a hint of noir with hints of comedy... in a steampunk setting kind've like Jak 2 and 3. Basically I have been fantasizing about Naughty Dog making a Cowboy Bepop game (let me dream)

So, with their game likely to be revealed within the next year or two, what do you think (or wish) they have been cooking? Only thing that's guaranteed to us is industry leading technology behind this thing.
I'd like it to be futuristic too, maybe space opera and featuring Uncharted-like big ass spectacular set pieces and action and no woke stuff.

But looking at the drawings that was in one of the TLOU1 remake, if they are a hint of their next IP I think it would feature a black woman as protagonist (so probably chasing the go woke go broke of Forspoken) and would feature dragons and pegasus, so maybe will be more fantasy oriented.

Last-of-Us-Part-1-fantasy-art.jpg

• brain
Reactions: 2spooky5me