Netflix announces Onimusha Anime

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Did they announce the series relaunch yet? Chances just went up exponentially. Guaranteed thing eh?

Reactions: EDMIX

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Capcom, Onimusha, Takashi Miike, anime... I would be exited about it, but seeing the Netflix logo worries me, because they may change it and turn it into being around a 95% story about a black lgbt girl that is oppresed by evil white men or something like that and %5 about the story and franchise they are supposed to adapt.

Btw, I don't remember the series very well but I think Miyamoto Mushashi only appeared (and as unlockable character) on the Smash Bros like spinoff Onimusha Blade Warriors. It's weird to don't see as main character Akechi Samanosuke, main character of Onimusha 1 and 3 plus a support character in the 4th one.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Did they announce the series relaunch yet? Chances just went up exponentially. Guaranteed thing eh?
When is it supposed to be released?
They didn't announce a new game or the date for the anime, but the leaked Capcom schedule for the next few years included an Onimusha. Can't remember the game date, but considering covid and the usual delays in gamedev I'd bet H2 2024 or even 2025.

Regarding the anime, I'd bet H2 2023 or H1 2024.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 13

EDMIX

Hoping this means Onimusha game is around the corner.

This is being done by the studio that did Words bubble up like Soda Pop and Dragon's Dogma

WORDS-BUBBLE-UP-LIKE-SODA-POP-NETFLIX-REVIEW.jpg

049ffd42-2e5d-456b-83d5-1380a6a13d94_portada_dragon-dogma-2.jpg

LightBolt

4 Jul 2022
Surely Capcom is smart enough to see all the vibes with praise with stuff like Ishin/GOT/Ronin/Nioh and knows a Onimusha reboot on RE Engine on current gen would do VERY well.

Reactions: EDMIX

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Surely Capcom is smart enough to see all the vibes with praise with stuff like Ishin/GOT/Ronin/Nioh and knows a Onimusha reboot on RE Engine on current gen would do VERY well.
The Capcom leaked document with their roadmap that mentioned a future Onimusha game was from early 2020. I think only Nioh was out back then, it wasn't a big hit and was in development hell during a shit ton of time.

EDMIX

Well based on the leak, they had this being made well before many of those titles even released, well.....Yurinka beat me to it lol

The Capcom leaked document with their roadmap that mentioned a future Onimusha game was from early 2020. I think only Nioh was out back then, it wasn't a big hit and was in development hell during a shit ton of time.

This.

I think its simply been in a deep development and though Ghost or something might help them feel they are in the right direction, it as always going to be made apparently. If the leaks are true, but so far it sounds solid. The anime fits what they've been doing marketing like this.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
lol you do know that Netfilx contracts studios to make anime right?
Yes. I also know how they force their propaganda in most stuff they touch unless it's an already made product they buy after it's done.

EDMIX

Yes. I also know how they force their propaganda in most stuff they touch unless it's an already made product they buy after it's done.

nah, you simply spread that around with little evidence.

Most of the content Netflix puts out is contracted, I don't believe they even own any Anime Studio in Japan to even spread this shit man. This has been something folks have claimed.
So Netflix on the contrary is known for allowing those studios to freely create, as to how they got Shonda Rhimes, Ryan Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Martin Scorsese etc, so I'll believe them and the all the landmark deals they got vs "day fOrCe pRoPaGanDaZ" (provides zero evidence of neck beard forum myth)

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Didn’t Netflix and other providers recently comment on how pandering to wokeness wasn’t working? I mean it pretty much fails all the time in both film and games. Their content is horrible anyway. Stanger Things is a once in a lifetime creation which I love but when new seasons end they going back to hemorrhaging subs.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Didn’t Netflix and other providers recently comment on how pandering to wokeness wasn’t working? I mean it pretty much fails all the time in both film and gaming. Their content is horrible anyway. Stanger Things is a once in a lifetime creation which I adore but and new seasons end they going back to hemorrhaging subs.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Cool but give me Onimusha 2,3,4 Remaster/Port and a new Onimusha game please

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Cool but give me Onimusha 2,3,4 Remaster/Port and a new Onimusha game please

This could happen but I’m leaning towards sequel/reboot. A few years ago I would’ve said Capcom would be down to make hd ports but they’ve slowed down in favor of remakes these recent years.

Reactions: Kokoloko

EDMIX

Didn’t Netflix and other providers recently comment on how pandering to wokeness wasn’t working?

Provide a link and we can talk about it.

Stanger Things is a once in a lifetime creation which I adore but and new seasons end they going back to hemorrhaging subs.

They have other works that will continue after Stranger Things ends anyway. Netflix never lived and died on 1 show.

Ever.

With that Dahmer show trending, they'll always have some cycle of something viral, trending etc like we saw with Tiger King, Bird Box, Money Heist, Squid Game and many more. I love Stranger Things too, but you'll just see some other show come out that takes that crown with just as much or more views or something.

Reactions: Deleted member 13