Netflix is raising prices again

Arc

5 Sep 2023
FLgTcNAWQAAt6VD.png

This time it’s the grandfathered, no-longer-available-to-new-customers basic plan, which sees an increase from $10 to $12 and the Premium plan from $20 to $23. Everything else stays the same.

It’s just wild to constantly see this thing jumping in price every time I turn around. I genuinely am beginning to have the feeling that all subscription-based media is inherently infeasible, and based on a perception of value rather than anything concrete. Things start off an incredible, unbelievable value, and once that perception is created, the prices start rapidly inflating, and the quality begins to disappear.

Also, I believe the Premium plan is the only one for 4K? Pretty insane to be charging $23 a month for streaming 4K, itself not that great, as if it wasn’t becoming more and more the standard.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Been a long time since I paid for Netflix, I just found it so so underwhelming.

In fact the entire movie industry is underwhelming to me these days with just the rare flash of past brilliance. Usually something by Nolan or Tarantino or one of the prolific directors... like Ridley Scott etc.

I prefer the days when a movie had to be good enough to make you buy it. Now they know they can dish it out to a few streaming services and recoup a fair amount and it doesn't have to be that great. It's all more about brainwashing people, agendas and politics.... instead of entertainment and provoking deep thought or wonder.

• Shake
Reactions: Arc
OP
OP
Arc

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Been a long time since I paid for Netflix, I just found it so so underwhelming.

In fact the entire movie industry is underwhelming to me these days with just the rare flash of past brilliance. Usually something by Nolan or Tarantino or one of the prolific directors... like Ridley Scott etc.

I prefer the days when a movie had to be good enough to make you buy it. Now they know they can dish it out to a few streaming services and recoup a fair amount and it doesn't have to be that great. It's all more about brainwashing people, agendas and politics.... instead of entertainment and provoking deep thought or wonder.
Yeah. I feel like that’s another thing. There’s so much stuff that doesn’t really justify existence as anything other than filler to make the menu look more complete. Not that the past is perfect, but it felt like there was a higher bar.

I haven’t been on any of these streaming services in ages, and I’m subscribed to one ( : \ ). I’ve actually been starting to just go out to the movies more, and buying discs of whatever I want.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I still pay it and Disney.

But my kids only uses Netflix.

I can understand because Disney UI is so bad… even to auto play the next episode it takes 20s and you can’t change that.

To be watch Bluey on Disney my kids needs to call me… to watch anything on Netflix kids they do alone 🤷‍♂️

PS. I really needs something with Harry Potter movies… my kids wants to watch… I think HBO and Apple TV has it.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
My wife's brother does, actually.
I pay for Prime since my wife is a shopaholic, and Disney+ since I have 2 kids.
Your mom pays for all my video games. :)

Yeah my moms a nice guy. Hes always there when I need him. But yeah women love spending money for some reason. It’s in their nature I guess.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I have Prime, Disney+ and Netflix. Netflix has by far the worst selection. I'm glad I don't pay for it.
I cancelled Disney+ after a year on it, even the kids complained that they could not find shows they liked on it.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I have...

Nothing. Just gaming subs (Nintendo, PS), and Spotify (even though I'm against spotify, but I can't afford all the music I want, so I use it to save bands I enjoy and then I slowly buy stuff, mostly vinyl).

Reactions: Arc and teezzy