Netflix Plans to Raise Prices After Actors Strike Ends

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
acastro_STK072_05.jpg

Netflix is planning to increase the cost of its streaming service yet again, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal. The streamer will reportedly issue the price hike a “few months” after the Hollywood actors strike ends, which could happen in the coming weeks.

As reported by the WSJ, Netflix will raise prices in “several markets globally,” starting with the US and Canada. It’s still not clear how much Netflix will raise prices, and Netflix declined to comment. Netflix raised prices across all of its plans last year, bringing the ad-free Standard tier to $15.49 / month and the Premium plan to $19.99 / month. The company also rolled out a $6.99 / month ad-supported plan and later axed its mid-tier $9.99 / month basic ad-free plan.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I dont know why anyone pays for this shite... it's been years since I found anything enjoyable on it. I just gave up a few years back.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
There is good stuff strewn about on there, like I was trying to find Creep last night and apparently only Netflix carries it (legally). But yeah they can go fuck themselves their originals are beyond trash and their catalogue is worse than my DVD collection

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
I have Netflix for free and I don't even use it. Every time I open it up I just can't find anything of interest.