New Astro Bot Demo Gameplay 2024 showcased at China Joy 2024

YeezyDude

Veteran
17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Is this gonna be the themed controller? I like the chrome button colors but overall design is kinda bland

image.png
Could be... But I guess we won't know until next month 🤷‍♂️

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
If this game is as content packed as a 3D Mario game….. they might just dethrone the goat (Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Give me 12-20 hours of this and it might be GOTY

Hope asobi grows even larger and make a Zelda-like 😳

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The one platform releasing a bunch of well received games this year are the ones that need positive vibes because its fans are fucking lunatics or 24/7 dedicated ass hurt trolls from other platforms who aren’t.

Incredible
The standards for Playstation are always higher. Reading the comments, articles and the general mood around the brand you would think Playstation and Xbox are in reverse position and 2024 is a terrible year for Sony.

Every release this year had some kind of negative news or controversy. Astro Bot is the only one that is 100% glowing (for now 😬).

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The standards for Playstation are always higher. Reading the comments, articles and the general mood around the brand you would think Playstation and Xbox are in reverse position and 2024 is a terrible year for Sony.

Every release this year had some kind of negative news or controversy. Astro Bot is the only one that is 100% glowing (for now 😬).

Thats more of a problem of being perpetually online and in these types of spaces too much. People here (and twitter, gaf, etc) live and thrive off warring, lists, and hype. When sony isn’t showing a line up of unfinished games every year for 4 years the people in these spaces tend to hyper focus on narratives.

The doom and gloom isn’t coming from people actively playing and enjoying games its from console warriors that have no ammo so they start to act like sony is the problem for not supplying them superficial wins instead of themselves.

In the real world none of those matters. PS5 consoles are still flying off the shelves, games are still breaking records and winning awards, and reviewing well. Astro Bot, Rebirth and Helldivers 2 will end up being GOTY nominees, just like every year before sony will dominate the conversation for best gaming experiences. Until switch 2, then we will actually have something to talk about again in terms of what competition is doing.

Last edited:

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
@Gods&Monsters

I can already see people gunning for AstroBot. If it doesn't sell in excess of 10 Million, it will be "Yep! PS is dead!".
If you watch most-all of the ChinaJoy 2024 videos, LBots and TendoDrones are just having a field day trying to bring the IP down.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko