New Dead Space Project Announced For 2024

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1702595218324.png

Good news for every sci-fi horror fan: A new Dead Space project will be released at the start of 2024. Here's everything we know about this new story in the legendary horror franchise.

IGN revealed, the new project, called "Dead Space: Deep Cover", will be released in the first quarter of 2024. And no, it's not a new horror game, but a "scripted podcast" series within the Dead Space universe. This podcast will have 12 episodes, which will be released weekly, and are for free on Apple Podcast, Spotify and other pod catcher-services and networks.
The series is produced by Bloody Disgusting, an American multimedia company which specialized in the horror-genre, and Electronic Arts, the publisher of the Dead Space games. The story will be written by Ben Counter, a well known sci-fi author, who also wrote dozens of novels and books for the Warhammer 40K universe and lore.

Also...

1. Necromorphs, Markers, and Unitology. The narrative is interactive and branching, influenced by the player’s actions and decisions, introducing new and returning characters.
  2. Gameplay: The game retains the unique and innovative Strategic Dismemberment system from the original, allowing players to strategically dismember Necromorphs to reduce their threat. New and enhanced weapons and tools are introduced, such as the Plasma Cutter, Rip Saw, Fleam Thrower, and Force Gun. Weapons and tools are upgradeable and customizable, requiring ammunition, energy, and resources to use. Players face a diverse and frightening array of Necromorphs, including Slashers, Leapers, and Brutes.

Aceman

Banned
11 Dec 2023
I hope it's better than the previous games. Callisto is busting those balls. I had to cringe a few times playing through this game.

D

Deleted member 223

The first remake landed pretty well. Not sure how great the sales were or how EA interpreted the sales data but they can try to follow a Capcom RE roadmap for the series. The ceiling is however smaller than RE, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

View attachment 3322

Good news for every sci-fi horror fan: A new Dead Space project will be released at the start of 2024. Here's everything we know about this new story in the legendary horror franchise.

IGN revealed, the new project, called "Dead Space: Deep Cover", will be released in the first quarter of 2024. And no, it's not a new horror game, but a "scripted podcast" series within the Dead Space universe. This podcast will have 12 episodes, which will be released weekly, and are for free on Apple Podcast, Spotify and other pod catcher-services and networks.
The series is produced by Bloody Disgusting, an American multimedia company which specialized in the horror-genre, and Electronic Arts, the publisher of the Dead Space games. The story will be written by Ben Counter, a well known sci-fi author, who also wrote dozens of novels and books for the Warhammer 40K universe and lore.

Also...

1. Necromorphs, Markers, and Unitology. The narrative is interactive and branching, influenced by the player’s actions and decisions, introducing new and returning characters.
  2. Gameplay: The game retains the unique and innovative Strategic Dismemberment system from the original, allowing players to strategically dismember Necromorphs to reduce their threat. New and enhanced weapons and tools are introduced, such as the Plasma Cutter, Rip Saw, Fleam Thrower, and Force Gun. Weapons and tools are upgradeable and customizable, requiring ammunition, energy, and resources to use. Players face a diverse and frightening array of Necromorphs, including Slashers, Leapers, and Brutes.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I hope it's better than the previous games. Callisto is busting those balls. I had to cringe a few times playing through this game.
i still have that Callisto game in my backlog as a free game from ps-plus.

I remember the trailers before its launch it looked so damn amazing, but I have heard from people the game is kinda trash in terms of gameplay.

I might just put it on the easiest setting and run through it just to experience it then be done with it, not sure.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It was designed to be a co-op game and while single player is possible it involves lugging around an AI buddy to be your second player. So much for horror, lol.
I hate games tht make you lug around a buddy, although GOW was great even the Atreus tagging along was annoying to me.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Aceman

Banned
11 Dec 2023
i still have that Callisto game in my backlog as a free game from ps-plus.

I remember the trailers before its launch it looked so damn amazing, but I have heard from people the game is kinda trash in terms of gameplay.

I might just put it on the easiest setting and run through it just to experience it then be done with it, not sure.
It's not really trash. They fixed a lot of things. I can say though that the save points are ass.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
At least they're bringing the series back. The remake was excellent and I hope it sold well. The series deserves better.
It was designed to be a co-op game and while single player is possible it involves lugging around an AI buddy to be your second player. So much for horror, lol.
There was no AI buddy in 3. Which makes things ever stranger, as he's not there during gameplay but will appear in cutscenes.