New ‘Dragon Age: The Veilguard’ Characters Rejected By Players, Reveal Trailer Mass Downvoted

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The character trailer has been massively downvoted on YouTube. It currently only has 31,000 likes compared to 144,000 dislikes. The trailer only has 1.1 million views. That means that over 12% of people who watched the trailer disliked it.

Dragon-Age.png

Numerous users in the comments roasted the game. The top comment reads, “You either die as Dragon Age or live long enough to see yourself become Fortnite.”

Another questioned

“Is this what Duncan died for?” One user wrote, “This game is gonna sell a lot of copies of Dragon Age: Origins.”
Another questioned,

“I’ve waited 10 years for a cartoon?”
Dragon-Age1-1.png

Still another questioned,

“How did we go from dark fantasy to saturday morning cartoons?” One user posted, “the real reason why Youtube removed dislikes.”=
Another compared the game to the financial disaster of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, “Suicide Veilguard : Kill the Dragon Age.” One predicted that EA would be shutting down BioWare following the release of the game, “EA closing Bioware in 3…2…1…”

Another noted, “Oh yes, Baldur’s Gate 3 looks more like Dragon Age than Dragon Age itself.”

Dragon-Age2-1.png

Source

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I actually thought I was the only one that felt the characters looked like they were done half a$$Ed glad I'm not the only one. Definitely waiting for Biowares response of we can't put quality in our games lmao. Like the rest of the industry complaining about it. They've had 10 years to develop and that's what they're putting out its sad. Like I said in a previous post they should've let us bring our character back from origins for a better closure rather then just lazy text in Inquisition.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Baldur's Gate is as close to D&D as it gets, and it works in 2024.
But Dragon Age keeps wanting to stray further from it's roots...

Andrew Wilson, continuing the legacy of destroying Bioware (under John Riccitiello's original purview).

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
This franchise has suffered from an identity crisis since after Origins. Whether that due in large part to EA, BioWare or both equally. Shit, the concept arts had better design of the characters than the finished product.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
That Qunari looks awful, I mean goddamn did these cunts even spend three seconds playing the source material?
From dark, gritty, hopelessness to quirky, marvel-quippy, joy. They missed the boat, bit time.

We knew it would be bad, but not like this.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

See this is the dumb shit I hate, I don't care about your pansexual fetishes go wild but ffs we have to read about these drones articles upon articles about who you can fuck in vidya gamez, can't even look for legit info about games without getting smacked in the face about how Leon in tight panties is a cause I should care about and top of that grummz brain rot to boot too, these fuckers keep each other in business

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I had an open mind despite having no faith in Bioware anymore, the moment I saw the trailer I was completely out, something is just off.

As for the marketing of the game, art style aside, since BG2 romance has been the worst part of these games and they just keep focusing more and more on it and making it more cringe.

I also think that one well made gay character is worth countless of these bland characters who's sexuality is shaped by the player.

Last edited:

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Grummz is single-handedly trying to save the games industry by putting himself out there like this. Dude was doxed and still going after this crap.

Grummz is not doing shit for the industry lmao The dude is grifting hard and just riding controversies for his own gain. Is he stopping mass consolidation? Preventing layoffs? Helping with rising AAA dev costs? You know is he doing anything about the things actually destroying the industry?

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Grummz is not doing shit for the industry lmao The dude is grifting hard and just riding controversies for his own gain. Is he stopping mass consolidation? Preventing layoffs? Helping with rising AAA dev costs? You know is he doing anything about the things actually destroying the industry?
Youre getting angry at the wrong people

You should direct it to those Sweet Baby Inch mob and this dragon age veilguard director

Not to the people who are trying to expose them and constantly getting attacked by the resetera mob

Reactions: xollowsob

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Youre getting angry at the wrong people

You should direct it to those Sweet Baby Inch mob and this dragon age veilguard director

Not to the people who are trying to expose them and constantly getting attacked by the resetera mob

I mean, I don’t care about sweet baby inc in the slightest, there’s way, way worse stuff happening in the industry right now and people like Grummz and Asmon aren’t doing this as a sort of noble and holy crusade, it’s for their own gain. The amount of money someone like Asmon makes posting videos about this topic is insane and all the people fighting about this online make jack shit. Soldiers in a make believe war that benefits a few. And also let’s not pretend that the people who are the subject of these topics aren’t receiving harassment either.

I’m very much against western propaganda and politics because they aren’t and should not be the the deciders of what’s moral and not given the continuous crimes against humanity they commit, but im also not gonna be part of whatever this sweet baby inc crusade is because some random fucking YouTuber and person on twitter are “fighting the good fight.”.

• haha
Reactions: Airbus