New ‘Dragon Age: The Veilguard’ Characters Rejected By Players, Reveal Trailer Mass Downvoted

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I mean, I don’t care about sweet baby inc in the slightest, there’s way, way worse stuff happening in the industry right now and people like Grummz and Asmon aren’t doing this as a sort of noble and holy crusade, it’s for their own gain.
So the people who are trying to expose them theyre are actually worse?

Like if theres people exposing big pharmacy scandals theyre in the wrong for doing it for their own gain? Or if CNN reporting news its their own fault for using story for their own gain?

Or instead of grumz its you who expose this story then its youre the one whos wrong for exposing this for your own gain that whats youre trying to say?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Grummz is single-handedly trying to save the games industry by putting himself out there like this. Dude was doxed and still going after this crap.
Nothing says saving the games industry like being an insufferable racist homophobic clown.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Grummz is not doing shit for the industry lmao The dude is grifting hard and just riding controversies for his own gain. Is he stopping mass consolidation? Preventing layoffs? Helping with rising AAA dev costs? You know is he doing anything about the things actually destroying the industry?
Grummz is a grifter but the people he is exposing are exactly why there are the issues you mention. Besides, those getting laid off aren't the Devs crunching, they're the HR and diversity departments that aren't required to make games. The 'woke' brigade are the ones causing high wages, long lead times (because they lack talent and can only reee at every decision), this increase Dev times and again, wages.
Companies are mass consolidating to appease diversity tick boxes, to protect investments and coin in on BlackRock grants.
And the worst of all of it, is we get robbed of genuine, honest, true games from different backgrounds.

I want a game set in Africa where I'm a tribesman hunter gatherer knocking about on the plains, tackling no grand plan other than hunting, chilling, laughing.
Give me games about the tribes of native Americans, the villages of ancient Peru, the lives of the incas, Egyptians, warring Mongolian tribes, Pacific islander journeys etc etc.
Don't give me slop about some western woman who is 1/16th Cherokee talking about life in the Bronx as a black lesbian. It's a fucking insult.
Nothing says saving the games industry like being an insufferable racist homophobic clown.
The insufferable racist clowns are the ones running the show at the moment. Which is why we see the problems that we do. There should be no talk of race, sexuality or any politics in games. The rainbow flag, BLM protests and anything to do with anything to do with gender, trans or sexuality.
If a small studio wants to make a game aimed at that, then I'm all for variety. But every single AAA franchise being some flavour of race baiting drama, sexualised fantasy or social justice slop is why gaming fucking sucks.

That this is even a post or discussion on a gaming forum is fucking ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Monkeyclaw

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
You gotta give the trans folks credit where it's due. Not only do they have a double gender, but also double standards.

At least they are consistent...... :p

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
The insufferable racist clowns are the ones running the show at the moment. Which is why we see the problems that we do. There should be no talk of race, sexuality or any politics in games. The rainbow flag, BLM protests and anything to do with anything to do with gender, trans or sexuality.
If a small studio wants to make a game aimed at that, then I'm all for variety. But every single AAA franchise being some flavour of race baiting drama, sexualised fantasy or social justice slop is why gaming fucking sucks.
The problem is idiots like him seeing things where they don't exist. Nobody had a fucking issue when elder scrolls allowed for everybody to be gay, now this is an issue with dragon age. Nobody had an issue with afro samurai, but now Yasuke is a problem.

Yes the likes of sweet baby Inc are also a problem, but idiots like this guy are as much of an issue, yet those criticising SBI are the ones behind him, which is ironic as fuck.

That this is even a post or discussion on a gaming forum is fucking ridiculous. Any mention of the above should have the poster laughed at and the account deleted out of shame of being a complete fucking retard. Yet here we are.

I can say the same about you and the other idiots in this forum that can only yell woke as a dog whistle to their real beliefs. You don't need to hide, just fucking say it.

And I didn't call you a retard, but alas, your moral high ground is now gone, so I'm more than happy to call you an idiot.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Nobody had a fucking issue when elder scrolls allowed for everybody to be gay, now this is an issue with dragon age. Nobody had an issue with afro samurai, but now Yasuke is a problem.

Yes the likes of sweet baby Inc are also a problem, but idiots like this guy are as much of an issue, yet those criticising SBI are the ones behind him, which is ironic as fuck.

I guess the issue is, that it is constantly being rammed down people's throats.

I mean, look at this Star Wars clip; Wtf is this all about?

And for Trevor Noah to laugh at it like that, especially since he hails from South Africa, he should know better, and listen to the applause, fucking disgusting.

Although not woke, it ties into it; there is a massive double standard at play all the time.

We are meant to be building bridges, not tearing them down.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Grummz is a grifter but the people he is exposing are exactly why there are the issues you mention. Besides, those getting laid off aren't the Devs crunching, they're the HR and diversity departments that aren't required to make games. The 'woke' brigade are the ones causing high wages, long lead times (because they lack talent and can only reee at every decision), this increase Dev times and again, wages.
Companies are mass consolidating to appease diversity tick boxes, to protect investments and coin in on BlackRock grants.
And the worst of all of it, is we get robbed of genuine, honest, true games from different backgrounds.

I want a game set in Africa where I'm a tribesman hunter gatherer knocking about on the plains, tackling no grand plan other than hunting, chilling, laughing.
Give me games about the tribes of native Americans, the villages of ancient Peru, the lives of the incas, Egyptians, warring Mongolian tribes, Pacific islander journeys etc etc.
Don't give me slop about some western woman who is 1/16th Cherokee talking about life in the Bronx as a black lesbian. It's a fucking insult.

To blame the industry's problems on what you perceive to be 'wokeness' is quite the take. So it wasn't Microsoft's unchecked greed that killed Tango? It wasn't Embracer gobbling up a ton of studios, pinning their ENTIRE hopes on a single deal that caused thousands, literally thousands of layoffs, it was the woke brigade? It was the woke brigade that turned Suicide Squad into a live service game, not executives and leadership with zero vision.

I feel like Grummz and people like him have pulled this veil over people's eyes and it has become so easy to control people's thoughts and ability to critically think about things. Go support games like Kenzera or a Space for the Unbound. Go support the India Hero project games. Support the games made by a diverse group of people instead of yelling about shit on Twitter. Give these devs voices instead of empowering people like Grummz for fucks sake.

Ico

8 May 2024
c'mon people, dont fall for the grummz bait, there is just options, its the old "you control the buttons you press" thing, even on his screenshot there is a quote saying that you can play as a straight character, but ofc he didnt highlighted that

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I tried their last Dragon Age game and couldn't find anything very enjoyable in it, so I'm not gonna even try this time...

Politics doesn't even factor in, it was a done deal.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I tried their last Dragon Age game and couldn't find anything very enjoyable in it, so I'm not gonna even try this time...

Politics doesn't even factor in, it was a done deal.

What do you mean you didn't like having to wait real-life hours for army upgrades to happen in your virtual world videogame as if the thing was a friggin' free2play mobile game harassing you to pay up those mtx?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Grummz is a retard thru and thru but no way in hell will I put up money for a game from bioware, those degenerates can get laid off or unemployed for all I care

Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
The problem is idiots like him seeing things where they don't exist. Nobody had a fucking issue when elder scrolls allowed for everybody to be gay, now this is an issue with dragon age. Nobody had an issue with afro samurai, but now Yasuke is a problem.
Afro samurai was based on a popular character/franchise. It was fun, daft and a good game.
Assassin creed samurai edition tries to rewrite history by making the black guy a samurai hero. That's fine if you want to do it, but ubislop can't cry racism when they're called out on bullshit.
You're comparing apples and oranges.
Why is he an issue? If anything, it's great to see someone calling out a group of parasites that offer nothing and force their ideology using threats and violence. They're the definition of terrorists.
I can say the same about you and the other idiots in this forum that can only yell woke as a dog whistle to their real beliefs. You don't need to hide, just fucking say it.
I use the word woke because it's easier than going on long autistic explanations about what I mean by woke. Your paragraph makes it sound like you'd fit in well on Ree or reeeddit. Who even used the term dog whistle?
And I didn't call you a retard, but alas, your moral high ground is now gone, so I'm more than happy to call you an idiot.
I didn't call you a retard either. Read more, seeth less.
To blame the industry's problems on what you perceive to be 'wokeness' is quite the take. So it wasn't Microsoft's unchecked greed that killed Tango? It wasn't Embracer gobbling up a ton of studios, pinning their ENTIRE hopes on a single deal that caused thousands, literally thousands of layoffs, it was the woke brigade? It was the woke brigade that turned Suicide Squad into a live service game, not executives and leadership with zero vision.
This is a cop out and skims past what we were discussing. Yes, unchecked greed is a problem, so is consolidation, but where do you think the incentive and investment for doing so came from? It sure as shit wasn't during the dudebro era or the trash-talking nerdlinger era.
Politics, The Message, Normies, Woke, whatever you want to label it as, is the root cause of the drop in quality in the industry.
Microsoft weren't shit during the OG Xbox years or for the majority of the 360 days. They turned shit when chasing normies and gamergrrrrl

I feel like Grummz and people like him have pulled this veil over people's eyes and it has become so easy to control people's thoughts and ability to critically think about things. Go support games like Kenzera or a Space for the Unbound. Go support the India Hero project games. Support the games made by a diverse group of people instead of yelling about shit on Twitter. Give these devs voices instead of empowering people like Grummz for fucks sake.
Social media is a cesspool and everyone on it should have their internet access removed for a year for their own good.
Saying grummz has pulled a veil of people's eyes is a really, really dumb take, considering people only knew his name for shining a light on cockroaches in the industry. Those scumbags who were using force and threats to inject an ideology for the sole purpose of ramming it down the throats of people they hate. They have openly said they hate people. That those who disagree should be fired, have their lives ruins and their families attacked.

Grummz is a grifter, at worst, and he's probably just riding high on the wave of popularity, at best. The people he exposed, at best are lying parasites and at worst would see decent people destitute and miserable for daring to disagree with them.

Again though, to emphasise and hammer home the point. The fact that this is even a discussion or a fucking post on a gaming forum, is everything wrong with the industry.
We should be arguing graphics, list wars which console is better and why one frame per second makes my console of choice superior to yours.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023

Politics doesn't even factor in. It was a done deal.
Origins was the best out of the 3. If you don't mind more strategy, rather than a hack and slash. I 'd recommend that one if you want to give another chance. It's definitely dated, though but similar to the basic Baldurs Gate mechanics.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Origins was the best out of the 3. If you don't mind more strategy, rather than a hack and slash. I 'd recommend that one if you want to give another chance. It's definitely dated, though but similar to the basic Baldurs Gate mechanics.

I think someone told me something along these lines before, I must try it out sometime.

Reactions: reziel

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
grummz is a fuckface but we also have to acknowledge that we have an industry of essentially political blackmailers who will write hit pieces on how your game isn't "diverse enough' or is "racist/sexist" if you don't hire their friends' consultancy firms and inject views that they agree with in your game

modern aaa gaming is a wasteland

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I guess the issue is, that it is constantly being rammed down people's throats.

I mean, look at this Star Wars clip; Wtf is this all about?

And for Trevor Noah to laugh at it like that, especially since he hails from South Africa, he should know better, and listen to the applause, fucking disgusting.

Although not woke, it ties into it; there is a massive double standard at play all the time.

We are meant to be building bridges, not tearing them down.

What you said happens on both the so-called liberal side (they're not liberal, they're idiots) and the 'other' side, which are equally annoying, idiotic, moronic, and crybabies.

Can't you and others see that some clowns like Grummz have this fake concern about "historical accuracy" or "everybody is gay" because they're racist and homophobic? Can't you see that while there are these woke idiots going around saying "urr durr white man bad," there are also a lot of idiots (even in this forum) who call gay people "degenerates"? Let's not pretend this is just an issue with "the woke crowd," as if every other gamer who disagrees with them is a knight in shining armor.

It's funny that in this very forum, that kind of discourse is allowed and sometimes even encouraged (just look at the Sweet Baby Inc thread still being up). I'd rather people just said, "I hate X people" or "kill all the gays" instead of trying to dog whistle their way into a pseudo-argument they don't care about. Someone who calls out a racist here is more likely to be banned than the person who actually made the racist comment (depending on how obvious they were).

Meanwhile, people who are progressive like me but hate the whole woke crowd and their idiocy are called retards because we call people like Grummz racists, which they effectively are.

There are people who think modern companies are left-wing. Imagine thinking that a trillion-dollar corporation is somehow left-wing or ruled by left-wing people.

This.

I, for one, will keep buying the games I like. If Ghost of Tsushima 2 has a snow-white main character, I don't give a fuck. If Life is Strange has a trans character, I don't give a fuck. If Gears of War goes back to the whole macho thing, I will not give a fuck. People should care about games, yet they care more about pretending they have some sort of moral superiority because they follow the likes of Grummz. It actually tells me a lot about them.

grummz is a fuckface but we also have to acknowledge that we have an industry of essentially political blackmailers who will write hit pieces on how your game isn't "diverse enough' or is "racist/sexist" if you don't hire their friends' consultancy firms and inject views that they agree with in your game

modern aaa gaming is a wasteland
Yep. However, you also have the idiots who complain that a game turned a character into an "uglier version" and thus the game needs to be canceled. It works both ways.

You had the idiots crying that Aloy was fat, and you had the idiots crying that Ghost of Tsushima was cultural appropriation. Meanwhile, I thoroughly enjoyed both games.

Reactions: Ico

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
What even was the expectation? The franchise has been on a steady climb downward.