New Forza Motorsport For Xbox One Is A Cloud Version, Not Native

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
"There will not be a native Xbox One version of the game," Microsoft said.

Turn 10's new Forza Motorsport game that was detailed during this week's Developer Direct event is not coming to Xbox One, as least not natively. The game will be playable on Xbox One, but it will be available as a streaming title through the cloud.

In a support page post, Microsoft said the new Forza Motorsport was built "from the ground up" to take advantage of the "full power and performance" of the Xbox Series X|S systems, not Xbox One.

"While there will not be a native Xbox One version of the game, Xbox One players can stream Forza Motorsport through Xbox Cloud Gaming included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate," Microsoft said.

The new Forza Motorsport title will be available natively on Xbox Series X|S and PC. Like all other Microsoft first-party games, it will be available through Game Pass, too.

In terms of performance, Forza Motorsport players on Series X can expect a 4K/60fps experience, while Series S players are getting 1080p/60fps. Performance on PC will depend on a player's setup. The PC system requirements have not been announced.

Given the age of the Xbox One--it launched in 2013--it makes sense that Microsoft would be moving away from the platform these days, at least in terms of native support. This week's surprise-launch, Hi-Fi Rush, also did not have an Xbox One release. And native Xbox One releases for the new Fable and Avowed are supposedly not planned.

Additionally, marquee 2023 titles like Starfield and Redfall could be cloud versions, too. In a June 2021 blog post, Microsoft said those titles "require the speed, performance, and technology of the Xbox Series X|S," and thus may not come to Xbox One natively but instead release via the cloud.

Microsoft's cloud games are streamed on external servers and beamed to supported machines, so in this way, a console from 2013 can play a 2023 game with the same or similar quality. The major potential catch is that, because games are streamed, it requires a stable and consistent connection. Microsoft's cloud streaming platform is already up and running and allows players to stream games to any supported device, including the Xbox One, mobile phones, and tablets, among other devices.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/n...e-is-a-cloud-version-not-native/1100-6510927/

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Another lie by Phil. Dammit, and I was holding onto my VCR Bone just to play Forza 8.

Also still waiting for Scalebound, the game I bought the console for, so I guess the joke's on me.

Looks like I got Phantom Dusted.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I actually thought there was no XBONE version whatsoever. Something tells me the XBONE version was always on the cards or always in development, but they are not releasing the native version now because there would be backlash on the "Next gen only" moniker.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
"No one gets left behind" he said.

Fnc4v2MWIAAr8-q

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I actually thought there was no XBONE version whatsoever. Something tells me the XBONE version was always on the cards or always in development, but they are not releasing the native version now because there would be backlash on the "Next gen only" moniker.
Look at the game. 100% it was on last gen. FM7 was released in 2017.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

What is this looney toons logic, the existence of a cloud version does not mean there was a native version once lol

This game was announced and has always been next-gen only. They have a cloud version for it just like Flight Sim so more people can access it.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
What is this looney toons logic, the existence of a cloud version does not mean there was a native version once lol

This game was announced and has always been next-gen only. They have a cloud version for it just like Flight Sim so more people can access it.
The logic is as loony as you being naive.....If it quacks like a duck......Just looking at the snippets of gameplay on Forza 8 shows that this can easily run on XBONE. Let's not kid ourselves, just dial down some settings, remove raytracing and it's par for the course as a crossgen game.

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The logic is as loony as you being naive.....If it quacks like a duck......Just looking at the snippets of gameplay on Forza 8 shows that this can easily run on XBONE. Let's not kid ourselves, just dial down some settings, remove raytracing and it's par for the course as a crossgen game.

Dial down settings, remove ray tracing, cut resolution and frame rate, and you'll be able to run Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart on PS4 as well. 🤔

RE Village has a cloud version on Switch, because there's a cloud version it does not mean a native version existed or would be possible as is.

So, yes, you are 100% using loony tunes logic here 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Dial down settings, remove ray tracing, cut resolution and frame rate, and you'll be able to run Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart on PS4 as well. 🤔

RE Village has a cloud version on Switch, because there's a cloud version it does not mean a native version existed or would be possible as is.

So, yes, you are 100% using loony tunes logic here 🤷‍♂️
I wasn't the one who said "all games are scaleable", when MS tried to justify XBONE inclusivity well into this gen, whilst also going against Sony's push for "Next Gen Only" games. If you think, there was never or there is not a native XBONE version of Forza 8 somewhere, perhaps that apple you're eating is more tainted than I first thought..

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I wasn't the one who said "all games are scaleable", when MS tried to justify XBONE inclusivity well into this gen, whilst also going against Sony's push for "Next Gen Only" games. If you think, there was never or there is not a native XBONE version of Forza 8 somewhere, perhaps that apple you're eating is more tainted than I first thought..

You're literally missing the point. The game was announced for next gen and is releasing on next gen. They can cut many features and launch it on last gen but they're not doing that. If they cut key features like RT and asset quality that would hold it back on last gen, then it won't make a difference and be a comparable cross-gen version.

But they're not releasing it cross-gen, and the cloud blades on Xcloud are based on Series X hardware. The existence of a cloud version does not mean there is a base XBO version.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Yet, the native version is in rough shape, farless this cloud version right?

The video below encapsulates all what's wrong with the Forza presentation and it's coming from an Avid Forza fan too, so no one can scream bias....

Some technical things. That Mazda Miata looks horrendous, even Forza 4 models look better, it can no longer work at 4k. Lots of shimmering still in Forza especially in the background, it's really distracting. The shadow draw and lod/foliage pop-in right on the sides of the track as you race is even more distracting because it's right in your face....Lots of models in this "next gen only game" is over a decade old, the red Mazda Miata is not the only one. MS is simply trying to fool people with buzzwords and fake numbers. 100 new cars to Motosport :rolleyes:. 800 customizable parts :rolleyes:....Anyways watch the video from a Forza fan, he nails it...

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Yet, the native version is in rough shape, farless this cloud version right?

I don't know how anyone can look at the available footage and say it's in rough state just because there may be some reused car assets.

Hyperbole x 10.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So my guess is that no one will jump on phil for claiming that crossgen games weren't holding back the potential of the series x like they jumped on jim ryan for claiming to believe in generations?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas