New LG OLED C1 OWNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theap99

Banned
21 Jun 2022
Today it's arriving! Super excited to be upgrading from my 4k 60 LG monitor! What are the recommended settings for gaming and media watching so I'm prepared!?

• fire
Reactions: rofif and Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
LG just hit the sweet spot with everything IMO.
They did !
I am extremely happy with my 48" c1.
I am thinking to maaaaybe switch it to 42" c2 but I don't like the new stand and I don't think I want smaller size now after a year.
About the 48" c1:
+HDR is amazing! Both HGIG and DTM
+Picture quality is breath taking overall. I love the glossy display.
+Sound is fantastic. 2x28w speakers inside. Set in cinema mode with bass boos enabled but dolby and ai crap disabled.
+Hdmi 2.1 works great. Compatible with ps5 and 3080 perfectly.
+Vrr works as gsync and freesynce
+Obviously perfect viewing angles and black levels
+DPI is surprisingly good. No problem with fonts or anything
+Fantastic in motion
+Good anti burin in features. I dont mind screen getting darker when I leave it on something. It's only barely ever a problem in some movies with heavy exposition and someone talking for 5 minutes. Never a problem in games.
-Audio switches to game mode on every pc restart unless I enable TV ATER pc booted.
-Gradients banding can be sometimes visible
-24fps movies on pc look a bit stuttery because there the screen is too fast!
-VRR indeed flickers. That is, it changes gamma depending on fps, lower fps is brighter gamma.

Would get it all over again!

Btw -look what I found. Apparently LG will make "gaming oled monitors". Their 42" is still technically a tv.
Ultragear OLED 48" TV will have matte screen though... yikes.
ooo... 1500usd and they removed all the smarttv features like netflix and stuff it seems. wtf... that remote looks crap.
What a way to $$$ pc gamers

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75
Status
Not open for further replies.