FXDc8fqXwAExoPz

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75 and arvfab

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Interesting stuff.

Traditionally, you would have had to manually switch Game Mode on when playing a game in order to get the best performance possible, then manually switch it off afterwards to get the best picture for movies and TV, but ALLM makes such inconveniences a thing of the past.

ALLM doesn't simply activate every time you turn on your console, either: it's intelligent enough to differentiate between playing a game and watching a movie via a streaming app or Blu-ray, even if you use your Xbox for all of those things.

I'm going to have to enable this for sure. My tv is ok, but I've noticed some input lag.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
My LG C9 enabled low lantency mode automatically with PS5 even before this update.
So does my Samsung, since I set it to. All this does is turn on game mode? I suppose it may be of use to people who use the PS5 to watch YouTube or Films, as game mode can cause slight picture deterioration, but otherwise it's a bit unnecessary imho

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I've recently started streaming Crunchyroll via the PS5 (why the f**** LG doesn't have an app?), so I will have to leave it on. But it's nice to have the option.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They all did that before this update, the issue is, you can't use BFI with ALLM on, so they made a manual toggle so you can disable it to use BFI.
So what's stopping me from using my JCB, to visit DFS while I'm at it? Too many abbreviations for FS.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Interesting stuff.

I'm going to have to enable this for sure. My tv is ok, but I've noticed some input lag.
It is already Auto to everybody in PS5.... I believe two firmware ago it was implemented... it was before the VRR firmware.
But people complained that could not disable it... the LG TV for example see the signal and auto enable it.

Now Sony added a toggle to disable it that helps with use of other features too like BFI.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
Status
Not open for further replies.