New PS5 Update!

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023

Support for larger-capacity M.2 SSDs
You can now use an M.2 SSD with a maximum capacity of 8TB (up from the previous 4TB limit)

Mute PS5 beep sound

System UI Haptic Feedback.
You now have the option to turn on haptic feedback effects while navigating your PS5 with your DualSense controller, DualSense Edge controller, or PS VR2 Sense controller.

Last edited:

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Have been waiting for this.

Support for compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled audio devices​

3D Audio powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech can now be enjoyed by those who own compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled HDMI devices such as soundbars, TVs or home theater systems. Tempest 3D AudioTech specifically renders to the Dolby Atmos audio devices in use – including overhead channels – allowing for even greater levels of immersion in the audioscapes of PS5 games. ***
  • To turn on Dolby Atmos, go to [Settings] > [Sound] > [Audio Output] > [Audio Format (Priority)], and then select [Dolby Atmos].
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 11.45.32.png

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
If I get an email today with a beta share code ill come back and post it in this thread (US code) to share to others who wants in on this beta.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
YCTR-74NA-1NMB

Ps5 beta code for anyone, it should work in Japan, hope it does also in Taiwan, Korea and SEA?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You can also now turn the headphone up to 11, one louder than 10.

spinal tap GIF by Comic-Con HQ

Reactions: TerraNova

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
YOUR VOUCHER CODE:
3TL5-8K48-RRMC
Code expires: October 31, 2023

• Shake
Reactions: anonpuffs

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Have installed.

• It also updated the controller I was using, have not tried PSVR2 yet
  • Do like the haptics on navigation. But I'm a sucker for that stuff. Hopefully they tighten them up a bit, would prefer a sharp tap when moving around instead of the short buzz currently
  • Library keyword search finally
  • Turned on ATMOS and TV lit up with the ATMOS logo icon - have not tested sound. My Soundbar supports it, but my hifi Amp does not so not sure how I'll go here as the Hifi is leagues ahead of the soundbar. May go back to DTS.

That is all, stay tight fuckers!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Have installed.

• It also updated the controller I was using, have not tried PSVR2 yet
  • Do like the haptics on navigation. But I'm a sucker for that stuff. Hopefully they tighten them up a bit, would prefer a sharp tap when moving around instead of the short buzz currently
  • Library keyword search finally
  • Turned on ATMOS and TV lit up with the ATMOS logo icon - have not tested sound. My Soundbar supports it, but my hifi Amp does not so not sure how I'll go here as the Hifi is leagues ahead of the soundbar. May go back to DTS.

That is all, stay tight fuckers!
Would be nice to have a separate setting for the navigation haptics intensity. feels like a battery devouring level of haptics

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Would be nice to have a separate setting for the navigation haptics intensity. feels like a battery devouring level of haptics
Options are always good.

Battery not much of a concern for me having a second controller on the charge dock always ready for hot swap.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The Nvm I think you got it, but for others because I also was bamboozled...

Once code redeemed, go to software update in settings - beta options should show up after some delay

Yeah this is what confused me cause i went there and it didn’t immediately pop up so i had no clue where to download it

Reactions: Shmunter