Next Mortal Kombat game is current-gen exclusive and will be called Mortal Kombat 1 according to leaker billbil-kun

D

Deleted member 417

Releasing on switch
Calling it next gen

Both of these can be true if this game releases on a next gen Nintendo console with Switch in the name.

Switch 2 uber-powered handheld confirmed?

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I mean it’s still mortal kombat… its gameplay can be retained even with switch downgrades. I think it can be said that fighters have a better time dealing with downgrades than most genres… it also has pretty huge history of that happening anyway moving from arcades to home.

Btw… if it’s a rebooot. I’d love to see some stylistic throwbacks to the first games. I have fond memories of seeing that cabinet in youth. ..

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Switch…. Nah

A reboot is a great idea, but will it have more characters then the original?
Didn’t they reboot it already?

I doubt they can recreate the feel and atmosphere tbh.

I remember seeing it for the first time in the Arcades when I visited the US. I was like WOOOOOW. Went back and told my friends, they didnt believe me lol.

Its basically Big Trouble in little China mixed with Bruce Lee, Jean Claud Van Dam, Cynthia RothRock, Cool Ninja Versions of Ryu and Ken plus the Thunder Baddie from Big Trouble in Little China and Lo Pan as Shang Tsung. So good

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
I know it's not happening but I would love to have one more Mortal Kombat game full of original characters from that universe and not filled with guest from movies, comics, tv shows, etc.

I'm still going to buy it anyway.

Reactions: Zzero

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Switch…. Nah

A reboot is a great idea, but will it have more characters then the original?
Didn’t the reboot it already?

I doubt they can recreate the feel and atmosphere tbh.
I remember seeing it first time in the Arcades when I visited the US. Went back and told my friends, they didnt believe me lol.

Its basically Big Trouble in little China Plus BloodSport mixed with Bruce Lee, Jean Claud Van Dam, Cynthia RothRock, Cool Ninja Versions of Ryu and Ken plus the Thunder Baddie from Big Trouble in Little China and Lo Pan as Shang Tsung

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Wtf is Jean Claude, Bruce Lee and wtf is a Big Trouble in Little China? I was born in 2003 and dont knkw wth you are talking about.

😂😂 Joking I'm 44 and Big Trouble in Little China is one of my fav movies of all time. Grew up watching Kungfu and Bruce Lee especially every Saturday morning on channel 5 in NY. Blood Sport, Cyborg and other Jean movies are 🔥🔥🔥

Pocky

10 May 2023
Delanco
twitter.com
I mean it’s still mortal kombat… its gameplay can be retained even with switch downgrades. I think it can be said that fighters have a better time dealing with downgrades than most genres… it also has pretty huge history of that happening anyway moving from arcades to home.

Btw… if it’s a rebooot. I’d love to see some stylistic throwbacks to the first games. I have fond memories of seeing that cabinet in youth. ..
At that point, the game should also be ported to PS4 and XBO. Either make it a full cross gen game or make it a full current gen game. Switch version is either going to hold back this game or it'll be developed by a different studio like MK11 on Switch.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Could be last gen games not moving the needle anymore. Switch survives because it still gets sales and the audience doesn't seem to mind downports. How do you think XBO/PS4 owners would feel about getting the Switch version, lol.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
If it is a reboot I hope they iron out some things.

Reptile should be human, and the other lizard fighter cancelled concept art (not Chameleon/Khameleon, but I cant find the character I'm referring to) should be another fighter who's a lizard.

Edit:
Tiamat

Last edited:

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Releasing on switch
Calling it next gen

Both of these can be true if this game releases on a next gen Nintendo console with Switch in the name.

Switch 2 uber-powered handheld confirmed?
yeah, but they said it would be released during the fall months and reports claim the Nintendo Switch 2 won't be revealed till 2024 and possibly release by 2025. But then again we were all proved wrong before when Nintendo said they would not release the 3DS XL or the New Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch Lite and it was revealed after. Who knows at this point?

D

Deleted member 417

yeah, but they said it would be released during the fall months and reports claim the Nintendo Switch 2 won't be revealed till 2024 and possibly release by 2025. But then again we were all proved wrong before when Nintendo said they would not release the 3DS XL or the New Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch Lite and it was revealed after. Who knows at this point?
The early leaks said switch 2 this September. It was dropped in on a few financial slides from 3rd party companies. There was a thread on it on Icon.

Personally I believe the financial slides because those bean counters have no idea what a switch (or any console) is, so they wouldn't feel the need to hide it.

Dropping switch 2 in 2024 or 2025 is daft. The momentum will be gone by then. The momentum is trailing off now, saved only by Zelda. A month after that release, switch sales will most probably drop.

#Team 2023