Nexusmod website facing issue due to heavy traffic over popularity of Fallout TV series

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Fallout games are so popular on PC right now that people are flooding the website for mods.​

IMG-4987.jpg

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
I can't comprehend playing games like Fallout on consoles due to the lack of mods.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
They have mods now, but not to the extent PC has due to lack script extenders for instance.

It's an improvement. I think even PS consoles have mods now, when at first Sony wanted to ""protect"" their userbase from mods.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
this is why they put the good connection behind a paywall

more people pay, more money to buy better hosting and infrastructure

unless they're just pocketing the money

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
They have mods now, but not to the extent PC has due to lack script extenders for instance.

It's an improvement. I think even PS consoles have mods now, when at first Sony wanted to ""protect"" their userbase from mods.
Mods on PS4 are borderline pointless because they can only use pre-existing assets from the game and nothing new. I still think Bethesda had something to do with it because, conveniently, every single Bethesda release on PlayStation had some kind of problem that the Xbox version didn't have. Oblivion was buggier and didn't launch with trophies on PS3, and never got trophy support even after Sony started the trophy program. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are both buggier and if I recall correctly, FO3 had a bug where the save file would be rendered useless once it got to a certain size. New Vegas might have the save bug as well, not sure. Skyrim on PS3 didn't get DLC until like a year after Xbox 360 got it. Skyrim and Fallout 4 on PS4 had their mods gimped while Xbox had much better mod support. People claim that it was PlayStation's doing, and maybe it was, but the coincidences are just too many to ignore.