Nier 3: Yoko Taro Reportedly Teases sequel at Concert. May be called "R3PENT"

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Game director Yoko Taro may have just teased a new Nier game, as fans say that the ongoing Nier music concert is heavily hinting at a sequel announcement. One attendee even says that Taro himself took to the stage at the London show, telling fans to cheer if they want Nier 3.

One of the most thorough accounts of the show comes from ResetEra user SanTheSly. "Yoko Taro took the stage at the end, told the audience that the Square Enix president was in the crowd and that if we wanted an Automata sequel to give the loudest applause of the night," says SanTheSly. "The room immediately erupted into claps, cheers and yells."

They also say that the word "REPENT" could be seen on screen frequently, finally turning into, "R3PENT". This seems to be a pretty strong hint that the next game could be called Nier 3: Repent.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Automata was one of the best and most unique games of last generation. Let's see if they can have great combat without platinum.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
This needs to happen and quickly. It's Criminal we haven't gotten a new entry in 7 years.

We've had 3 Horizon and 2 Zelda games since... all released around the same time.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So u want the game to flop like nier replicant?

Without the sex, nobody would buy this
I think the gameplay and Combat sells it, at least for me it does.

Last edited:

Diah

Icon Extra
11 Oct 2023
I loved Replicant more than Nier because I felt the story was more compelling, imo. I stopped playing Automata for Replicant when I heard it came before. I finished that and went back Automata, the fighting is great, but I wasn't satisfied with the story. I'm buying this as soon as it comes out, though.