Niko Partners: PS5 is selling at a 2x faster rate vs PS4 in China | Wukong drives PS5 to Top of Alibaba Tmall

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
$500 is not that much unless youre really broke

People spend more than $500 in just couple days ( well depends where you live but thats a safe guesstimate )

IIRC the average annual salary in China is about $15k, pre-tax.
But this is counting with all the people in the bigger cities where the average salary is like 3-4x higher.

Meaning in the poorer regions the annual salary is probably closer to $10k or less.
I doubt those people spend $500 in a couple days, and spending that much in a console is a pretty significant financial effort.

Reactions: Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
It is if the average salary is less than $700.

If youre talking about Africa i can understand but were talking about china one of the most advanced and biggest growing economic in the world

For examples

This is train station in China

now compare that to NYC

City in China

City in US

The chinese isnt as broke or poor as some people in here think

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
If youre talking about Africa i can understand but were talking about china one of the most advanced and biggest growing economic in the world

For examples

This is train station in China

now compare that to NYC

The chinese isnt as broke or poor as some people in here think
You can’t compare those two Metro systems because they’re 100 years apart. The MTA was built in 1904 and the Shenzhen Metro was started in 2004. So of course China’s Metro systems are going to be more modern. Also anyone calling China “poor”is stupid. They’re the 2nd most largest economy on earth.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: Airbus

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
IIRC the average annual salary in China is about $15k, pre-tax.
But this is counting with all the people in the bigger cities where the average salary is like 3-4x higher.

Meaning in the poorer regions the annual salary is probably closer to $10k or less.
I doubt those people spend $500 in a couple days, and spending that much in a console is a pretty significant financial effort.
average salary means nothing, there are almost 1.5 billion people in china. the vast majority are poor af, but there is actually a rather large segment of the population, particularly in the big cities, that are decently wealthy and would be able to afford a console. China is one of the biggest markets for luxury cars lol. China buys the most bmw&mercedes of any country in the world.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ApolloHelios

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
People are comparing annual salaries without taking into account PPI, $20k in china goes a long way than in America. Except Shanghai, Hong Kong and Beijing the rest of tier 1 and 2 cities are pretty reasonable to live in cost wise.

And sony doesnt need 1 billion chinese to buy their consoles 30-40 million are more than enough and there are more than 300-400 million who can easily afford a console in china