Ninja Theory co-founder has left the studio

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
This dude is a chad. Glad to see he got out of the festering cesspit that is XGS. Not buying Hellblade 2 though. 6 hours for $40 is too much
It'll be pretty easy to play this game for free. Just sign up for the game pass 2 week trial and then immediately cancel. The game is only 6 hours. That's what I'm gonna do.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He left years ago apparently & was only involved with the early stages of hellblade 2 , don't know why it's only being reported now
He left with hush money then lol

Sold the studio with the shitty IPs, and fucking bounced

Edit : He looks like he's pushing 60, good for him to cash out

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
GKUGkOBXoAAioRi.jpg%3Alarge

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
'According to Polygon, he was involved in the early stages of Hellblade 2, but the game is now being led by three creative leads'
Yea if he is leaving the studio now the game is being lead by somebody else...

Something ain't right about this story. Right before shipping they replace the director/writer of the game and founder of the studio?

I'm wondering if this ain't getting the Redfall treatment of being pushed out of the door as is.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Ninja Theory is a shell of what they were anyways, I guess he saw what they would become. They needed to go big and do something as exciting like DmC again.

Hellblade 2 should have never been their big game.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hermen Hulst is that you?
As reference, the last time Hermen tweeted was back in the Japanese Jim Ryan goodbye party with Yamauchi & Kutaragi + visit to Kojima + visit to Team Asobi.

He hasn't posted in Instagram since over half a year ago.

Reactions: The Icon
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yea if he is leaving the studio now the game is being lead by somebody else...

Something ain't right about this story. Right before shipping they replace the director/writer of the game and founder of the studio?

I'm wondering if this ain't getting the Redfall treatment of being pushed out of the door as is.
It comes out next month & it's been in development for like 7 years so I wouldn't call it early stages if he was involved up until just now lol

Last edited:

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
His instagram, a month or two ago (not kidding):

Seems a year and a half he went to Burning Man:

He sure likes to travel and knows how to party:

This guy won't miss Microsoft, he took the money and ran away to enjoy life. I'm happy for him xDD

Oh you can tell that be on some Diddy stuff at these parties. Congrats dude!

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
He shows up on their official channel acting as a director on videos promoting the game that were published less than a year ago lol
So either polygons got it wrong or dudes just been sat doing nothing after writing it (won't have taken that long to write it with it being so short lol)

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Weird that he leaves one month before the game ships... That can't be normal.

Could he have been fired?

Most probably had a deal with Microsoft that he will leave once Hellblade 2 is done.

Would look bad if the co founder simply took half the acquisition money and left.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters