• Other Country

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Surprising collab between Nintendo and Sony Pictures đŸ˜²

"The film will be produced by Nintendo and Arad Productions Inc., and directed by Wes Ball. The film will be co-financed by Nintendo and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., with more than 50% financed by Nintendo. The theatrical distribution of the film will be done worldwide by Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc."

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Kanye West Link GIF

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sony Pictures is probably my least favorite movie studio known to man, with their last two video game films being turds like Gran Turismo and UnchartedHolland. Judging by the reaction to the director choice this will likely be just as bad. I think the IP alone will make it do well though regardless of quality.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Sony Pictures is probably my least favorite movie studio known to man, with their last two video game films being turds like Gran Turismo and UnchartedHolland. Judging by the reaction to the director choice this will likely be just as bad. I think the IP alone will make it do well though regardless of quality.
SP is the worst division out of three entertainments branch lol.

Somehow they got the most M&A budget is beyond me.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Gran Turismo was great tho...they also made "The Boys" and the best movie of the year, Across the Spiderverse.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Tom is extremely short, like a small twink. He could play a teen.
Exactly, tom holland is much closer to a Link than a Nathan Drake.

I'm also interested to see if Zelda will have the appeal of casuals. We know it's a powerhouse video game franchise, but I don't know any non nintendo fan that has ever name dropped zelda.

• brain

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Tom is extremely short, like a small twink. He could play a teen.
Yea that why I mentions it.

The original Zelda game also depict Link as an redhead, so basically Irish, the fking outfit is also look like leprechaun.

Netherlands also Irish.

Oh god, he checked every box. It is destined isn't it?

• fire

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
For Zelda I would’ve figured an anime would be the safer bet. Something had to break the barrier for Nintendo and live action though so it may as well be this.

Reactions: Diah

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Can't wait to see Tom Holland as Princess Zelda, Ice Cube as Link and Ru Paul as Ganondorf.

Now seriously, I think having Nintendo with Miyamoto, Sony and Avi Arad in the production I think there are many chances that it's going to be pretty ok and super successful. Now we have to see how capable are the director and writers and how respectful are going to be with the original material.

I think it's relatively easy to do something good for them. But also way easier to make a giant turd.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly