Nintendo Direct

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Metroid Prime 2 remastered will be a cool announcement. Gotta get the remaining 2 Prime game remastered, Nintendo.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Won't be hard to beat the absolute shit state of play from sony

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Lego games are mainly for kids & Nintendo is the most kid friendly console so of course it would make sense for them to advertise it to Nintendo players

Metroid Prime is an FPS and FPS are for "adults", and Bayonetta has gore/sexualization so Nintendo should release both on PS and PC, right?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Man I hope metroid is there i gotta dribe back home from corpus straight to work i will be interested in reading all the reactions as i habe trouble sleeping now

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Metroid Prime is an FPS and FPS are for "adults", and Bayonetta has gore/sexualization so Nintendo should release both on PS and PC, right?

Bayonetta 1 is on PlayStation and PC, i swear the fanboys on this forum like u are insufferable weirdos

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Still no mention of Nintendo switch successor damn they really are milking the switches generation aren't they lol
They already said three months ago that it wasn't coming in 2024 and that they weren't going to talk about it until they sell you Switch shit for Christmas.

Anyways, I am ready for Metroid, its the only thing that could salvage what is otherwise going to be a very shitty, threadbare, year for Nintendo owners.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Bayonetta 1 is on PlayStation and PC, i swear the fanboys on this forum like u are insufferable weirdos
I think you’re the only weirdo. Who keeps waking up every day asking when is PS going to release new games. Lol

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
That would be good news IMO. After all this time I'd prefer it to be some type of premier title for Switch 2.
If Nintendo were smart they would save Prime 4 for Switch 2 launch, then launch 3D Mario in the Fall of 2025. 3D Mario is the only title outside of COD, that can release in the Fall and survive GTA 6. IMO.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
Probably be a good event with solid games and release dates. Hopefully beyond good and evil remaster makes an appearance as PS5 trophies leaked

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
If Nintendo were smart they would save Prime 4 for Switch 2 launch, then launch 3D Mario in the Fall of 2025. 3D Mario is the only title outside of COD, that can release in the Fall and survive GTA 6. IMO.
Metroid is a niche game, it never sells above five million copies, a terrible choice for the Switch 2 launch, which will want to target a broad audience. They've got a number of teams working on things, with the "delay" to 2025 they should, if anything, actually have titles starting to back up. 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing or Splatoon, the next B-N Studio 2 game, the next NLG game, a Kirby title if we don't get that this year, Fire Emblem if it doesn't come out this year, whatever the mysterious third Monolith Software team is working on and then some more minor stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Metroid is a niche game, it never sells above five million copies, a terrible choice for the Switch 2 launch, which will want to target a broad audience. They've got a number of teams working on things, with the "delay" to 2025 they should, if anything, actually have titles starting to back up. 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing or Splatoon, the next B-N Studio 2 game, the next NLG game, a Kirby title if we don't get that this year, Fire Emblem if it doesn't come out this year, whatever the mysterious third Monolith Software team is working on and then some more minor stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head.
2D Metroid is niche. But 3D Metroid could be big. Remember Zelda was never a huge selling franchise either before BOTW. A lot of Nintendo franchises during the Switch Gen became bigger than ever.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
2D Metroid is niche. But 3D Metroid could be big. Remember Zelda was never a huge selling franchise either before BOTW. A lot of Nintendo franchises during the Switch Gen became bigger than ever.
Zelda was a "declining franchise", not a niche one. It routinely topped Nintendo's sales charts back in the day. The 90s games usually sold between 3 and 6 million in an era where breaking 1 million meant you were one of the biggest games of the year and while sales never grew beyond that, as they did for other game series, that still was enough to comfortably put it ahead of Metroid. Metroid's biggest success so far was Dread managing to break 3 million copies, which would put it below every single single-player home console Zelda release.

Also, while I am hype for Prime 4, there's really no indication that its going to be a game-changing, genre-defining game like BotW was. Its probably just going to be a very well done, atmospheric shooter in a semi-open world, like the other 3 were.