Nintendo Direct

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
More 20 and 3
2D Metroid is niche. But 3D Metroid could be big. Remember Zelda was never a huge selling franchise either before BOTW. A lot of Nintendo franchises during the Switch Gen became bigger than ever.

Metroid Dread is the best selling Metroid game ever. This is most likely simply due to Switch being the platform it launched on.

I loved the prime games but they didnt sell gang buster numbers at all.

Before Dread, Super and Prime were the best selling games at like 1.5 million units. Dread did like 5 million in launch year.

I was gonna make fun of Nintendo for probably showing some remakes of a 20 or 30 year old game today… but I’d buy and sell a switch for a 3rd time if they were to remake super Metroid and it not look like an abomination.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Baiten Kaitos HD just dropped on steam. Hoping we get more multiplat JRPG remasters

Saw that. That’s pretty wild. But that seems to be some publishing agreement with Namco. I don’t think that rules out other platforms either tbh.

I owned both as these games represented the end to pre-rendered backgrounds but wasn’t really crazy about them.

But there’s a few rpgs from that era I’d like to revisit again like these two and Last Remnant. I didn’t give them a fair shake.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
More 20 and 3

Metroid Dread is the best selling Metroid game ever. This is most likely simply due to Switch being the platform it launched on.

I loved the prime games but they didnt sell gang buster numbers at all.

Before Dread, Super and Prime were the best selling games at like 1.5 million units. Dread did like 5 million in launch year.

I was gonna make fun of Nintendo for probably showing some remakes of a 20 or 30 year old game today… but I’d buy and sell a switch for a 3rd time if they were to remake super Metroid and it not look like an abomination.
The only way you could possibly top the 2D sprite-work on Super Metroid is with 32 bit sprites, but you just know that they'd do 3D models instead. Yick.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
MvC collection is a definite buy for me

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Nintendo gets me salivating with Prime 4 and then sneaks a turd in my mouth with the release year.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Polyh3dron